Thread: An update and pics of Milton the tiel

An update and pics of Milton the tiel

Milton is doing well in the week we've had him. I think he was at the shelter for a long time because normal household noises seem to be new to him. Poor guy.
    Anyway, he's not the nicest bird, but we will work on that more after he settles in. This is also why there are only a few pictures. I didn't want to freak him out too much. Milton really wants to socialize with Alex and Danny, but he is still being quarantined. He chirps at them from the other room and he is doing a lot of tiel dancing when I walk in the room. I'm trying to introduce new foods, but I think that will go better once he lives with Danny. I haven't been handling Milton very much because they clipped his wings before we left and one bleeds occasionally. I'm not sure if it's a broken blood feather because there is no blood in the cage. I only see a drop when he comes out. He isn't weak, so I'm just keeping an eye on him. I think since he can't fly, but thinks he can he keeps breaking the cut open.

Here are a few pics I took last night, enjoy!

Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Milton is very handsome! He and Milly would have made pretty babies, I think, since they look so much alike. I am certainly not wishing for any more babies at this point! I have plenty!!!!!

Roger had a bleeding feather, yesterday, that would not stop for anything. The vet went ahead and pulled it out completely instead of trying to stop the bleeding after it persisted for so long. Roger was having his wings clipped when one was cut too short.

Logan