Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is anyone here afraid of

I'm sorry if I've upset anyone here. I was just curious and would be happy to delete the thread if it'll make everyone feel better.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't think you've upset anyone Donna, there's no need to delete.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I used to have feelings that I wanted to die, but things have cleared up... and I feel a lot better, so much that I don't want to die... it's a really scary thought. I have a lot to live for and I want to fulfill my dreams before I die.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I don't fear death, but I don't welcome it either. If it's my time, it's my time. I just hope I don't suffer.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I like Kim's point... I just don't want to suffer. I don't want a long term illness like cancer or whatnot, that will slowly kill me. I want something... erm... peaceful? Like dying in my sleep. :-X

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

YES

Dying is something I have worried about since way too young(7-8 years old) I had to see guidance counselors and everything in elementary school because of it, and I would have night mares, but it was never ME that died, always someone important to me(usually my mom).

And even at 7-8 I hated getting older, only because it meant my mom was getting older, I guess thats what I was mostly afraid of, was my mom dying.

I think it's mostly because, the dad that raised me since I was two years old, isn't my "real" dad, my "real" dad died a month before I was born, and I knew that from a young age, and I guess that made me scared that my mom might die too.

But yes, it's something I think about alot, atleast one night a week I have to go read/come on PT, watch a movie...ANYTHING to stop me from wondering/thinking about it, because then I get a sick stomach!

I worry about it enough now, at 17, I can't imagine what Im going to be like in 10-20 years!!!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I'm also afraid of dying. I fear my own death and the death of those I love... I know it's just the natural way, but it's scaring me.

Kirsten

I'm not afraid of dying.. but I'm really afraid to lose anyone close to me.. especially my little sister, Megan, or Miksy (my dogs). I've always been really close to my sister and we along really well. Megan's with me 24/7. She even sleeps in my bed at night and is next to me while I'm on the computer.. she's soo obsessed with me lol and always makes me feel better when I'm sad. I've had Miksy growing up and he's helped me go through a lot of different things. I don't know what I'd do without them...

I'm *VERY* afraid to die.. When i was little, like 8 or 9, i would cry hysterically thinking about it.. All these thoughts would like race through my mind.. The number one thing i always thought of was i'm going to be buried in the ground for who know's how long.. That just scares me.. Not sure why, i have always been though and still am.. I don't want to die, i don't like knowing that at a point i'll be without my family or my friends.. I try not to think about it much though because it really does scare me.. Sometimes i'll go crying to my mom about it, i know that sounds weird, but i don't know.. I guess i just have a major anxiety over dying..

And Doglover -- Same with me.. I had to go to guidence counslers also, i would be so afraid to leave my mom (Mind you this was 6th grade).. I would make her walk me in to school and then watch her leave.. I would always tell her to wear her seatbelt and everything. I just wanted to make sure she was safe.. I would always say i would rather be with her if something happened to her, rather than without her.. But i'm okay now.. lol

I am not afraid to die. Never have been. Gonna see my grandmas and grandpas and lots of people (and pets) who've gone on ahead. Mom, too.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    --Isaac Asimov

I have had many elderly friends and relatives. Most have been at peace about dying. Mary Green, who is now 104, told me when the Lord calls her, she's ready - she told me that at least ten years ago.

I find it sad when people outlive their friends and family, and grow increasingly lonely and frail at the same time. Alzheimers is almost unbearably cruel. As is arthritis. As is senile dementia. And this list goes on.

I once asked my (Great step-)Uncle Lonnie which he thought was worse. He and my Great Uncle Mac were of a similar age. (Lonnie married Mac's step-sister). Mac had Alzheimers, so didn't know where he was, didn't know how sick he was. His body was okay, but his mind was gone. Lonnie, after a lifetime of hard work, was crippled - virtually frozen stiff - with arthritis. His body was gone but his mind was fine. He said he honestly didn't know which was worse, but wished neither condition on anyone, friend or enemy.

I have hoped, since I was a small child, that by the time I am old, there will be a cure for arthritis and for Alzheimers. I'm a little younger than the Baby-Boom generation, so maybe that will happen.

I'm like Robin. I'm afraid to loose my mom, and even my dad. I guess I started REALLY getting afraid when we almost lost my dad. Before that I was never afraid of death. But now. I'm just plain scared. I'm actually afraid to go to sleep at night, I'm so afraid I'm not going to wake up. ya know?

Just really scary because who knows how long we all have on Earth. we could be gone today, tomorrow, or 30 years from now.

I'm not afraid of dying so much as dying ALONE. I'm hoping that my karma has improved enough in this life that when I come back it will be even better. I don't want to die in pain and I don't want to not have my wits about me. I usually don't think about it, I try to live in the now and live life to its fullist.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I'm not afraid of dying so much as dying ALONE
    I think that's what I fear the VERY MOST is dying alone!!

When my Dad passed away, I had a memorial service for him (against his wishes, but it gave ME closure). I put an announcement in the newspaper. He was a very well know news photographer and had many friends, was a past member of the Connecticut Governor's Horse Guard. What I hurt me so much and I found so very disapointing was that a total of 10 people showed up. TEN PEOPLE!!!!! I still cry everytime I think about that because he did so much in his life. Not even my mother's sisters came!!! Even after he took their father (my grandfather) who was a very bad alcoholic, in to live with us!!!

I'm sorry, I have to sign off now. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I want to stay young forever. I can't see myself getting to be a grandma or anything. I can only see myself in my 20's.

~Maggie~
    DESTINY
    "Destiny is a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    WINSTON CHURCHILL