Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are these foods(and ONLY these foods) good for all meals?....

Are these foods(and ONLY these foods) good for all meals?....

Would ONLY these foods, be okay to eat for ALL meals??

Blueberries
    Strawberries
    Kiwi
    Apples(Half)
    Cucumber
    Lettuce(raw)
    Skim Milk
    Water
    Diet Soda
    Peaches
    Grapes
    Pears
    Dill Pickles
    Watermelon
    Carrots(raw)
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs(whites only)
    Cantaloupe
    Celery(raw)
    English Muffins
    Apple Sauce(unsweetened)
    Bananas
    Plums

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Your body needs a certain amount of fat each day... and I don't see much of any on that list. So no, I wouldn't think so.

What if I just added something with some fat, 1-2 times a week?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I think you're supposed to have at least 20 grams of fat a day to keep your reproductive cycle working and keeping your body working the best. I'm not an expert, though.

your body needs protein too (like in meat, nuts, ect) every day.

those foods also have fat in it that your body needs.

just out of curiosity, what is this for?

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

I'm a big believer of it's now what you eat but how much you eat. For the most part, anyway. It doesn't seem like you'd be getting much out of that menu. You'd be almost starving yourself. Are you laying off meat for a particular reason or do you think it's unhealthy? My gf and myself eat very little red meat, but tend to stick to chicken and seafood, seafood especially. You can have a very balanced meal with all types of food. (My ex was a nutritionalist, so I got to hear allll about it. hehe) Before I moved to the US, I was eating Asian foods, like stir-frys, all the time and I was in good shape. Chicken, white rice and veggies, basically. When I moved back here, my diet changed and I gained weight that I haven't been able to take off. Blah...

If you want to, PM me and I'll give you some idea for food and meals that I used to make for my gf when she was a vegetarian if you want to go that route.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Go pick up an August Women's Fitness Magazine. It explains the utmost importance of good fats (fish, nuts, alvacado, etc) in your diet, how much your body REQUIRES to FUNCTION and where to get it. The norm is 35-40 grams of fat DAILY!

You need more protein and some sort of calcium...like dairy or veggies that contain that.

Eating like this may make you thin, but the health risks are totally not worth it. You can lose wieght on a much more balanced diet and not hurt your body. (Your body needs fat to survive: keep warm, absorb vitamines, have a period, develop sexual hormones, etc.)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Out of curiosity, where did you get this food list from??

As others have said, this list does not seem to include some really important things such as protein (beans, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, peanut butter) If you are looking for a healthy diet, it might be best to either find a book on nutrition at the library, or get in touch with a nutritionist. Also talk to your doctor. That is very important.

I made the food list....I don't wanna eat anything that has more than 100 calories, because I don't want to go back to thinking about not eating at all......

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    I made the food list....I don't wanna eat anything that has more than 100 calories, because I don't want to go back to thinking about not eating at all......
    I really think you should talk with a doctor, hun. Do you have one you can talk with?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I really think you should talk with a doctor, hun. Do you have one you can talk with?
    No, I hate my doctor, I don't even go to him when I have a flu, or anything at all, why do I need a doctor?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I heartily second this. You only get one body, and it is well worth it to take care of it properly. Can you talk to your Mom or do you have another adult that you can look to for advice?

Originally posted by Cookiebaker
    I heartily second this. You only get one body, and it is well worth it to take care of it properly. Can you talk to your Mom or do you have another adult that you can look to for advice?
    No!! My mom doesn't even care enough about me to try to help me get back into school, you'd think she'd want to do that before I change my mind, but it's been like a year...

Besides, thats why I posted it here....

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

No, I hate my doctor, I don't even go to him when I have a flu, or anything at all, why do I need a doctor?
    Because you sound like you're headed down a slippery slope to an eating disorder. I know, I've been there.

In my early 20's I had the same thing happen to me. It started with a stressful time where I just couldn't eat. Suddenly I noticed that I had lost more than 5 lbs and that I hadn't eaten more than a couple hundred calories in 3 or 4 days. I didn't feel hungry either, and eventually convinced myself that I wasn't. I ended up losing a lot of weight and ended up in the hospital. It's very easy to let yourself get sucked into not eating when you're in that frame of mind. For me, I had a certain pair of jeans that I wanted to get into, and told myself that when I did, I would start eating again. But it becomes an obsession. Once I got into those jeans I thought how cool it would be if I could get into the next size down. And then the next, and so on.

Please talk to someone, anyone. What you're doing isn't healthy or normal. Stop it now before it gets completely out of hand. I was lucky that I was able to get a grasp on reality again, or it could've ended up as a lifelong disorder.

Then you need to find another doctor. Find a Clinic or something.
    Eating strictly those foods is a CRAZY idea.
    That is how eating disorders start. Your body needs different nutrients and vitamins. And just eating those foods -strictly, is a very UNHEALTHY idea.
    Other then egg whites there is NO PROTEIN there either. Not trying to start a conversation about vegatarians b/c they are usually very healthy. But they get protein from other sources.
    If you are serious about changing your eating habits, check out some books at your library. Or some websites online.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..