Thread: Mowgli's Tummy Troubles

Mowgli's Tummy Troubles

Poor Mowgli's been dealing with gas and poo pancakes since yesterday. I waited to see if it would run it's course and it hasn't yet, so I gave the white coats a call to see if I should bring him in. Apparently, though, there aren't any lab techs in at the moment, so the reception folks will be calling me back when I can talk to a tech. Mowgli seems to feel fine, but boy has he ever been having a stinky time of things! He kept trying to dig his way to China to bury his pancakes, and in the course of doing so pulled his box liner out at some point last night so that he couldn't get in to the litter anymore. Which meant that this morning I had to do an emergency box and shelf scrubbing. And I've got a nice big pile of litter right beside the cage due to his digging.

As much as I've been letting him eat (Bad Lacey!), I'm betting it's the same problem Zelda had a while back - a case of bacterial overgrowth. It's so tempting to just pack up kitten and sample-in-a-baggy and head on down to the white coats right this instant.

I'd take a sample in to the vets let them run tests on it then bring kitty in if necessary. It's so much easier on our furry kids to do things less stressful. Hope Mowgli's problems are solved.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I agree with Craftlady, although the mental visual I had of Mowgli in a baggie made me giggle

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Well, looks like Mowgli's on flagyl for a few days. I've been through this bit of med-giving with Zelda, so I know it's nasty stuff. At the vet, they tried it out with a pill pocket and luckily Mowgli scarfed it right down. So it looks like getting Mowgli to take his meds will be easier than it was to get Zelda to do it.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Whew! Lucky you that Mowgli takes his meds without complaint! I remember giving flagyl to my RB Goldie. It was so sad and pathetic. That pill must taste something awful as she would always start to foam at the mouth with I had to give it to her. Poor Mowgli - get better quick, little one.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

LOL didn't mean to put kitty in the bag and go to the vet, just the deposits.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Lacey, just curious ... what type of bacteria or parasites does Mowgli have, or did they find out?

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Poor little Mowgli. I hope his tummy troubles are over very soon with the help of the medication.
    Kisses to you sweet baby.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Kim, the vet thinks it's just a reaction to the dewormer (drontal) that he took on Saturday to get rid of some pesky roundworms.

Originally posted by Lacey
    Kim, the vet thinks it's just a reaction to the dewormer (drontal) that he took on Saturday to get rid of some pesky roundworms.
    Oh I remember the joys of the dewormer meds. Poor little Jazz had gas that would flatten a camel - shew!!! I hope little Mowgli feels better and the air is fresher soon!

From Decker with Love