Thread: MIRRORS

MIRRORS

Hey everyone!~ How do your cats react to mirrors?
    My Newest baby- Sam the gerbil born on Nov. 9 2001~!

I love my muscovy duck, Scruffy
    I love my three zebra finches, Daisy, Rocky, and Tweet

~RIP~
    my parakeets, Cricket & Fifi
    my Dwarf Lop Rabbit, snowball

**I miss you all. You will always have a special place in my heart.**

Hee hee...mirrors and kittens, always great entertainment. At one point, when Ritz was going through her first heat, she tried to get her reflection to "mate" with her..trip to the vet was quickly arranged, as it was, well, tooo strange and potentially socially embarrassing

As a grown up girl (little over a year) she has less interest in that mirror image, but it was fun while it lasted!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

my cat attacks the mirror once he broke jumping into it
    AmandaERichter

Former User Guest
    Kitty and Casper don't make fuss about mirrors, they might have a peek in there but that's all

My Katz always tried to look behind the mirror, guess she expected a cat to be there!

Kirsten

One of my cats (M. Coon/Himilayen mix) tries to 'dig' through a mirror. After awhile with no success, he will go look behind it. He just can't figure out why he can't get to that 'other' room, or what that other cat is doing there. On the otherhand, my other cat has NO interest, and when Kedi starts his digging, he looks at him like he is crazy. Kedi will also do this with the sliding glass door.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

The only time when Noah cares about a mirror was when he finds it himself. I can hold himup to them, and he doesn't pay attention, but when he does, he stares at it and "climbs" it. "Who IS that kitty in the mirror???"
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I have a mirror on the wall in my room, and it's hung almost 2ft. off the floor. Right under that is a small shelf with small drawers, also attached to the wall. On the floor is a large cushion for me to sit on. This is my makeshift vanity table (gotta love IKEA!) Anyway, once in a while, I catch Elvis standing on the cushion with his front paws on the shelf admiring himself in the mirror. Such a vain kitty.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Hee hee -

Cassy will occasionally attack his reflection, but basically ignores it.

Olivia seems to ignore it, but for all practical perposes she poses in front of the mirror for hours. I'm not sure if she's extremely vain and just very good at hiding that taking peeks at herself or if it's completely coincidental that some of her favorite perchs are next to mirrors?

The mystery of cats...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Big is so big he can't jump very well. He's also so big that he can look into my bathroom vanity mirror just by putting his front paws onto the vanity - which means stretched out from back toes to nose he's almost a yard long! Not really a mirror story, but sometimes it's so cute, as I'm brushing my teeth or putting on my makeup, to see his cute face pop into the mirror like that!