Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help, sweet cat needs temporary home

Please Help, sweet cat needs temporary home

My friend Lacey directed me to this site and I thought I'd give it a try. My name's Tif and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. On Tuesday I'm moving in with my beloved girlfriend. Problem 1: She lives in CA, while I (until Tuesday) live in Memphis, TN. Getting my sweet little calico, Tawny, across country would be very difficult at this stage. Problem 2: Tawny can't live with us yet, as we're living with my girlfriend's family and her mom is allergic. I've tried everyone I know, hoping to find someone that would be willing to take Tawny for 6 months to a year, however long it takes for us to save up and get our own apartment. But no one's willing; everyone either has their own animals or lives in an apartment where animals aren't allowed or refuses on other grounds.

Here's where I'm hoping for help. I need someone willing to take Tawny for the previously specified amount of time. I'll be able to provide enough money every month for food and litter, that sort of thing, but I'm really hoping to be able to get her back as soon as I'm able. I've had Tawny since she was born, and losing her now would be, well, hard is rather an understatement.

In case anyone's interested, let me tell you a bit about Tawny. She's a beautiful little calico, about 13 (I'm pretty sure she was born in 91) but still almost as spry as she was when she was younger. She's got the sweetest disposition you could hope for. I could probably count on my fingers the amount of times she's scratched or bitten in her life, and most of those were with good reason. But she's also extremely shy; as I said, she was born under my care, and under my little brother's bed, actually, heh. She's never known anyone other than me, my mom, my brothers. Another reason I don't want this to be permanent for her, after we had to move out from my mom's house I'm basically all she's known and I know it'll be as hard for her to lose me as it'll be for me to lose her.

She'll probably take to hiding under a bed or something for a few weeks, knowing her, but once she gets used to you I'm sure she'll be just as sweet as can be. Lacey's graciously offered her home, but she lives about 7 hours away and if I could find someone closer to home it'd be great. As I said, though, I'm leaving Tuesday, so speedy replies are appreciated. Alas, if only I'd known about this site sooner, heh. Thanks for taking the time to read, and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Sweetheart, it sounds like you and your wonderful baby are in quite a fix. I would be so afraid that she would grieve herself to death if you leave her if you have had her 13 years..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh, good luck. Poor kitty doesn't know her life is about to change, does she - or has she been 'helping" with the packing! Have you checked any boarding facilities or local cat-foster-ers?

I would be willing to do it ... if you could bring her here. I live in Middle Tennessee .... near Nashville. Is that any closer than Lacey?

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim, you'd be right about at the halfway point between where Tif and I live. That would be oodles closer!

Tif, you can't get a better offer than Kim's house.

Just another thought.......After arriving in CA, I would start looking for a foster home near you THERE so that you can visit Tawny and she might be less traumatized by the separation.

Well, I am more than willing.... as long as she realizes how many other kitties are here! I would do my best to give her some private space for as long as she needs it. Do you know if she has any health issues. Is she on any regular medications or anything?

Kim, you're a lifesaver! And from what I'm hearing, my Tawny would probably be very happy in your home ^_^. She may even enjoy having other cats to play with, once she gets over her shyness. I'm gonna be on AIM pretty much all night, please get in touch with me at the SN fuzzy g3ck0 and we'll set up things, ja? [bounces] I'm so happy I've finally found a place for my baby!

Update: we have chatted and have worked out a plan. Looks like Tawny will be joining my herd on Monday!

Kim

Great news! I'm happy to hear that Tawny will have a place to hang out at for a while
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Excellent! Now CrimsonObsession will have to stay in touch and part of Pet Talk to get updates, right?

That is great news!!

Kim you are one special person!

From Decker with Love

Yay Kim! So glad you can help. I can't wait to see pictures of pretty Tawny. You just saved me a trip to TN
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Well, of all the places to come find the best solution and one of the best to leave her with!! Kim, bless your heart and all the hearts of those who offered.. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about her and I will be waiting and tapping my foot till we see her pictures!! Ha! She can just get on PT and look at the pictures of her baby while she is in Calif...

You are just the greatest bunch here!! I would not ever leave one of mine with a total stranger but if I ever have to, I pray it would be someone like you guys..

(Gee, sounds like a lot of you are right up there where I pass through a lot going to catch the boat... Went to Memphis last time to catch it, got there at 3:30 pm and didn't get on till 7 pm..)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!