Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ya'll are so mean not to answer n e of my messeges

ya'll are so mean not to answer n e of my messeges

you are i have only gotten 1 messege from u and i have been a member for 2 weeks
    AmandaERichter

?????

huh???
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Amanda, What were some of things you wanted us to respond to? If you got questions just start asking! Some days and nights are very slow and you get few if any responses. Everyone is working, school or something. But most days its hard to keep up. Keep coming back! sammi and Boddy Boy.

Amanda, no one here is mean. You must be patient - not everyone is on all the time, and there are people from varying ages from all around the world. People don't often respond instantly, but if your topic is of interest, people do respond eventually.
    I've Been Frosted

Ok, Amanda. I went back and thought about it. I have not been a member for very long compared to a lot of the people here. It took a few posts of mine before I got much in the way of replies. It just takes time for things to happen, and people to get to know you. Really.......nobody here is mean! Welcome to pet talk!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Amanda - don't be discouraged, you are very important to Pet Talk and we'll all get around to talking to you eventually. I don't get alot of answers either, but I'm fairly new, myself and just getting to know people. Hang in their Hon, we love ya!!!!!

Amanda I don't get much time to talk as I use to and there are so many more people since I started here . If your waiting for a personal answer don't cuz we all usually answer here under the question. Also I know that a lot of new people ask questions we have gone over a lot so For myself I feel the neww people should look through the old posts and see if it is answered there. after almost three years of veiwing this site I think just about every question has been covered . I haven't time in my busy life to reanswer the same questions. So take some time and explore the old files .
    We really are a great bunch I have learned lots ,even though I have vet. tech training and tons of resocializeing training of dogs. Every one here has so many experances to share, just alot of times thats what we are doing having pet experances so we can share them. Corinna and Merlin
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

No meanies here, Amanda! Ritz sends you hugs from her many moods collage

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: tuxluvr ]

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: tuxluvr ]
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Amanda, I'm sure nobody wanted to ignore you!
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm very busy and can't post as often as I would like to.

BTW, tuxluvr, this is a very nice collage of Ritz!

Kirsten

Amanda,

Regarding your complaint...not everyone will have an answer for every topic. I don't know too much about cats, so I can't respond to some of the post's here. It's just like life in the real world, not everyone is going to be able to help or know all the answers....you can't get mad at that. You know?

Welcome to Pet Talk! Everyone here is wonderful and will always help if they can.

What kind of pets do you have?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hey Amanda ~

Take a look at the post your friend KayAnn (Simba's Mom) started to welcome you to Pet Talk:

Click on "Welcome Amanda".

There's even pix of Amanda's KurKidz taken by KayAnn!

And there are several replies to your post about how you adopted Shadow, the Kat. Check back on "Shadow;s life..."
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Kirsten, thanks for the compliment! Your tiger kitty pics are also striking!

Amanda, I ditto Kirsten's comments - I get busy too, and love this site so much I have to limit myself or I wouldn't get anything else done
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Okay, Amanda, now that other people have responded I have a much better handle on what you were trying to express in your post. I asked what you meant, but, you didn't answer

I can echo Corinna's thoughts.

And, like most people who've already posted, I don't have the time to respond to every single thread, although I wish I could, because I find them all interesting.

But another point I would like to make, is I have noticed alot of the younger posters, say teens and younger, view the bulletin board as if it were a chat room. They are not the same. Chat rooms are instant, bulletin boards are leisurely. Although it is not enabled on this site, if the feature showing how many members were on at any given time was here, you would probably be very surprised to find that only a handful of people are on at any one time. When you are in a chat room, everyone sees what you say the moment you hit "enter" and therefore can respond immediately if they so choose. A post on a bulletin board may not be viewed until several days later by someone wanting to respond. Also, and most importantly, in a chat room there is only one place to be. On a bulletin board there are numerous topics. So even if you are on when someone else is, if you are in "Cat Breeds" and they are in "Pet General" you will still not "meet up". Also, a chat room refreshes automatically. On a bulletin board you have to either hit your refresh button or leave and return to a page to see anything new.

Keeping to the topic might help, too. A post about your bunny breed under dog games won't get much attention, for instance. And while it's fun to joke around and play games, if your posts are confusing, people may not respond because they're not sure what you are trying to say. I'm thinking of your Leo pictures post and this one. I studied both of those for a long time, and finally went on without replying because I just couldn't figure out where you were trying to go. When I saw no one else had replied either, I thought I might try to get you to enlighten us with my "???" post.

I'm not being mean, I'm just trying to help you out so you can enjoy this great site even more.

I'm probably the meanest person on this board, so I think I'm the most qualified to say - NO ONE IS IGNORING YOU ON PURPOSE! We think EVERYONE WHO IS AN ANIMAL LOVER IS GREAT!

So, don't go away, please? We love you, too!

Leah silly, you aren't mean!!!

Amanda - I remember a lot of us answering on some of your posts, as Cinder & Smoke pointed out. We'd love for you to keep coming back because people do eventually respond. Any friend of KayAnn's is a friend of ours
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya