Thread: I feel so terrible...

I feel so terrible...

I have an Eskie puppy (she's 8 months now) that my friend asked me to keep for her back in Feb.
    Well, she came over yesterday to see her & my dog just went nuts! Her hair was sticking up on end, barking & growling at her, she even tried to bite my friend & her sisters.
    Have I done something wrong? I feel like my friend is mad at me but, I don't know why my dog acted like this?!
    My friend has only been over to see her, maybe 2 times since I've had her but, it's not her fault. I have a Lhasa that is VERY aggressive & I'm always afriad to have people over because of his attitude!........I know both of my dogs need EXTREME training from a professional but, in the mean time what should I do? I thought maybe I wasn't socializing them enough with other people but like I said, I'm afraid of them biting someone & you know what THAT can lead to!!!

At this point, because of their reactivness to people, I think a professional behaviorist is your best bet. You're right that you should socialize them, but it would be way too dangerous to just take them out into the general public if they try to bite.

You've only had the Eskie for 4 months? Has her temperament changed that much in such a short time? Thats very odd for such a young pup. The Eskie could be taking cues from the Llasa though.

Good luck, I hope you find a good solution ASAP!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya