Thread: Yet AGAIN...Major

Yet AGAIN...Major

Well...he swallowed a bone...sort of thing. It was a rawhide bone (I think) but it wasn't those white ones... the brown ones. He SWALLOWED it! Is this bad?? I dont' think he's ever swallowed one before, I usually take them away when they get all soggy...but...he was chewing, and then it was gone.

Edit: He didn't whine or anything, and he seemed normal...but I'm not so sure.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Just keep an eye on him. Chances are it will pass without a problem. If he has any trouble having a bowel movement over the next couple days or gets lethargic and starts to vomit call your vet. He's a puppy, they eat things they shouldn't. My friend's golden puppy hacked up an intact adult sock the other day!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Finn swallowed a latex glove and it came straight out exactly the way it went in. We were lucky! And, he ate an entire tube of cream (not sure if it was antiflammatory or what), too, and, was fine. They eat wierd stuff. Just watch him.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Claire did that one day, with a smaller sized Chew-eez and later she threw it up, just they way it went down. I didn't even realize she had swallowed it. Now I always take it away when she's anywhere near the size she might swallow it. lol I'm too much of a worry wart. lol

He should be fine though, just like the others said keep an eye on him
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Mandy does the same thing,gets the chewbones all slimey and then swallows them. Now I take them away if they start looking too small(for my liking)
    Lacey ate a sos jr pad when she was little. I opened the cupboard and she grabbed the box and ran. She hid under the bed and I got the box from her and checked her mouth so I thought she didn't get one. Next day she threw up a couple times and I said if she throws up one more time I'm taking her to the vet. Well the next time she threw up the sos came up! I couldn't believe it
    But I'd say MariaM like the others, just watch him.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Chances are, he'll be completely fine. Just make sure he's getting enough water, eating right, acting like his usual self and such.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Puppies are like 2 year olds... they put everything in their mouth! My dogs have eaten everything from 2 lbs of fudge to entire rolls of toilet paper to whole flipflops! I've been lucky and none of them have had anything worse than an upset tummy. Like everyone else has said, just keep an eye on him. He should be ok.

Oh... Major, Major, Major.... hehehe
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Well that makes me feel a little better. I just came inside, I was out and I fell asleep with him in his doghouse.

Should I be checking for his poo to be different? I really hope he's ok!

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Originally posted by MariaM
    Should I be checking for his poo to be different? I really hope he's ok!
    Yep, just keep an eye on him. If his poo looks not like it normally does or in fact, if ANYTHING changes suddenly, take him to the vet. But most of the time, things pass out just fine.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

You don't really have to check his poop... Just make sure that he is, in fact, pooping. You don't want him "stuck" or anything.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Ok. Thanks! I'll keep you updated.

Daisy's eaten two Nylon collars; buckle and all, and all of it passed, and she wasn't any different. We were lucky!

I hope all goes well for Major.

He is doing good, thanks! He is acting normal (maybe a little more hyper) but he seems fine and his poo is normal, so I think all is good!