Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The weridest thing your cat has played with

The weridest thing your cat has played with

I have just one question:

What is the weridest thing your cat has played with?

I have to say, it would be a snake. Mimi has brought me all kinds of critters, but Butter's latest "snake" episode was the tops! He was in Heaven, throwing that little snake up in the air and then starting all over again.

One of Bo's favorite and most unusual toys is raw whole green beans. I always get odd looks from the grocery clerks when I buy just 4 or 5 beans (I don't buy a lot because fresh beans are best.) I have to explain that they're cheap cat toys. Bo will play with a green bean until it starts to dry out. I find dried shriveled "victims" all over the house. If your cat enjoys playing with Q-tips - and many do, including Bo - offer it a big juicy green bean for a change of pace!

This is weird to me....just because of how obsessive my cat is about it. She LOVES the little ring that you pull off of the top of a milk carton when opening it for the 1st time. We call her and fling it on the floor and she goes beserk! She calls kittens she does not nor has ever had while carrying it proudly in her mouth. When she finally tires of this RIVETING toy... she drops it on top of her food in her bowl, much to the chagrin of the other 2 cats who , having tiny cat brains, can't figure out how to eat around it! Can't they just make ya smile?

My cat Scooter is obsessed with drinking straws. He loves them. He will take one right out of your glass if you don't watch him. He is so cute when he starts flinging the straw around.

i posted before that felix periodically goes down in the basement and brings up screws and nails to add to his toy collection. but since then he brought up a really heavy hanging planter screw, the kind with a thick screw on one end and a metal ring on the other. i don't know how he got it upstairs.......

Wow! The weirdest thing that Tabby has played with is a screen door. Raspberry's is nothing. She dosen't play.
    P.S.
    How do ya make the hip faces?!

------------------
    ~Maylo~

Maylo, when you're typing a post look to the left side of the message box and you'll see a Smiles Legend link. Click on that and it shows you how.

Maylo, and anyone else who has not figured this out-

It's a good idea to look at the "*UBB Code in ON" link, too. In fact, you may want to bookmark it. It tells you how to italicize, add email and url links, add bullets, pics and graphics, etc.

You can also edit and delete your posts by clicking the "edit" icon over your post. To delete it altogether, check the "delete post" box in the upper left corner.

There are two things about adding pics and graphics that seem to hang everone up:
    • They must be on a website, not your hardrive
    • You must type the url of the pic or graphic, not the website it's on.

You can do that either by right clicking on the pic and choosing properties, then copying and pasting the url that shows up there, or by clicking on the pic and then copying and pasting the new url in your address bar.

That's the Universal Bulletin Board lesson for today. Class dismissed!

Terra like to play with bottle caps, but they have to be beer bootle caps. Nothing else suits her. She'll play fetch with them just like a dog would. I'm trying to get a pic and maybe they'll be a commercial in it for us.

The turtle!

Sorry if this is too much an 'eww - ikk' response to this topic but this morning Perspicacity "Cassy" found a spider in the sink and had much joy chasing it round and round... (Just learned this morning that my compassion stops short of spiders -- how heartless of me.) I left Cassy playing in the sink with Mr. Spider while I was in the other room getting ready for work when he yowled very loudly. I thought the spider had bit him. Raced into the bathroom to rescue Cassy and he was trying to force himself down the drain. I think Mr. Spider got away.

A more compassionate play-toy are ping-pong balls in the bath tub. I drop ping-pong balls in the tub and then we bat them around. (I suspect I'm hitting my second childhood!) His eyes get very big when the balls corner the curves and come back at him.

Amber, Cassy and Olivia

P.S. Olivia doesn't do games that involve sinks or tubs. Not sure if they are too undignified for this _very_ proper young lady or if she had bad experiences before she joined us.

[This message has been edited by AmberLee (edited June 01, 2001).]

very funny story there with the spider. LOL!

Our cat Bemis (rainbow bridge) used to love to play in the bathtub. He would whirl around and around, patting the tub surface with his paws (chasing his shadow??) and then he would sort of heave himself sideways up on the sloped end, and slide down, chirping all the way. He would lie there at the bottom for a while, looking very pleased with himself.

Mila LOVES corks from wine bottles.

She kicks them around and chases them. We play soccer with her. She is the goalie and tries to stop it from going by her.

We have a basket full of corks (Over 200 of them, my cousin is a waitress and brings them home from work)

I was making wreaths with them about a year ago and Mila discovered them.

There are corks everywhere at our house. Visitors must think we are TOTAL alcoholics.