Thread: son off to Scotland...

son off to Scotland...killearn kitties plz read....

I feel so excited as my son Scott is heading up to Scotland next week, he will be spending a week up there, its a long trip from Southampton, up to Perth, he will be visiting his mate in Perth, and going to Edinburgh for a night on the town, and back down to Kelso, for my uncle's Wedding, he will stay with him on the way up for one night to break the journey, it just feels so neat to know he is there, visiting the land of my birth, which I have never seen, just wanted to share my excitement.
    Last edited by carole; 06-15-2004 at 05:43 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope he has a great time!

I love Scottish people, and I think would be cool to visit a country full of them!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Hope he has fun Carole - tell him to - beware the midgies!! Lots of protection!

It is a very long journey - nearly from one end of the country to the other. Hope he's going to get lots of souvenirs (sp?) for Mum Shame you can't be with him

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Ooh, is he heading over our way? Does he have his transport organised? Does he need a lift anywhere?

I was up in your families' area last week, visiting friends with my mum. Do you still not have any plans to visit us yourself?

Yes thanks Killearn Kitties, I find it hard to believe he has actually organised himself, transport the works, amazing what they can do when Mum is not around to do it for them eh?

As far as I know he is just going to Kelso, Edinburgh and Perth, I don't think he will have even time to visit my place of birth which is Ellon, and Inverurie where all the relatives are from, but we shall see., I think he is planning on driving, but not sure yet, I have yet to hear his final plans.

I really would love to visit oneday, and maybe when my daughter is grown up we may beable to save to go, it is in the future plans for sure, maybe in ten years or so, or before who knows what the future has in store for us.

BTW CONGRATULATIONS to the England Cricket Team, you played well, and won effortlessly I think, of course my son will be absolutely gutted at our loss, and I bet he is getting a hard time right now, all in good fun, but at least we Won the Rugby, Thank goodness, or we would really be hanging our heads in shame.

WELL DONE ENGLAND.!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I was thrilled to receive a phone call from my son this morning, he is in Kelso with my uncle, he got a ride up with the courier firm he was working for, a long detoured ride 13 hrs all up, to Blackpool,Newcastle, and there was a 2 hrs delay because of a big accident, he arrived a day early and my uncle just got back at midnite, scott was there at 9pm, it was a close call, as my uncle thought he might spend a night in a B&B,luckily he decided not to, so there was indeed a suprise on his doorstep.

He sounded in good spirits, he is catching the bus up to Perth and will stay a night in Edinburgh, before heading off for Kelso for the wedding on Saturday afternoon.

killearn Kitties, guess what my son is wearing to the wedding?

Yep A kilt, my uncle has got him all rigged out from top to bottom, I really got a giggle out of that, never thought I would see my macho son in a skirt, lol, we have to have a picture of that for sure, he seemed not bothered by it at all, others will be in kilts too, as i said to my uncle I am more concerned about him being in a kilt after he has had a few drinks or two lol.
    Killearn Kitties this song comes to mind, let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, thru the streets in the kilt I go, aah the lassies say hello Scotty where's ya Troosers!!!

Unfortunately he is not in my clans tartan, they had none in his size , but will be wearing the Douglas tartan, which is his friend in Perths clan, not sure if that is a coincidence or not.

It was great to hear his voice again, he rang yesterday left a brief message, I was in the shower and missed him, he has moved to Southampton now, and has no phone or computer there, so it will be hard not hearing from him for 3 wks.

Apparently they have a place all jacked up in Somerset, job , digs etc for next year if he wants it.
    Last edited by carole; 06-15-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    Furangels only lent.

I'm glad to hear that your son made it to Kelso OK. 13 hours for that trip? What a nightmare! He was lucky he got a bed when he arrived by the sound of things.

As for your son wearing a kilt to the wedding, I hope we get to see the pictures. Macho just doesn't come in to it where kilts are concerned. You just would not believe how keen guys are to wear a skirt. I work for a company which has offices throughout the UK and they still get us all together for a Christmas party in London. Dress is formal and ALL the guys from the Scottish offices want to wear a kilt because it causes such an uproar outside Scotland. They walk 500 yards from the hotel to the party and about 100 tourists and London people have asked to take their picture. It just makes them feel like such celebrities!

Your song lyrics brought back a story from one of our Christmas nights out. Someone had put in a request to the DJ for something Scottish to dance to, thinking of something contemporary. What he got was "Donald where's yer Troosers"! What it is to be typecast, heh?

Oh i agree I think the kilt is wonderful, I love seeing a man in a kilt, I am so proud Scott is willing to wear it, being a NZ'er it is a bit different, he will get a lot of ribbing from his mates downunder, but to me it is an honour for him to be asked to wear one, and i am really chuffed, thats why I just had to tell you., it really made my day.

I think they look very smart, and macho to me, but you know how they joke about a man wearing a skirt, well here anyhow, I think Scott will look great, he is well built, he works out. I canna wait to see the pics myself.!!!
    Furangels only lent.