Thread: Great News!!!

Great News!!!

I asked about the "status" of Fluffy - the kitty who had been booted outside. Turns out she's been at the vet for 2 days now, so she hasn't been out on the streets! Yippee!!!

The bad news is she hasn't peed in two days so they can get a sample to see if she has a UTI.

Appears the wife and/or the kids prevailed and she was taken to the vet to see what the problem is. This gives me hope because evidently dad doesn't rule the roost.

More of the story. They had a spaniel that was old and was recently PTS. The guy and the family were totally broken up about it. I know he's a softie at heart, but his dad has aggresive bladder cancer and had just had surgery two days ago....the day he kicked Fluffy out. So I'm really hoping that it was just undue stress that brought this mean streak on. I was very surprised when he told me about it in the first place, because a few years back they remodeled their house and the wife wanted to get rid of both the cat and the dog because of their "accidents" in the house. He is the one that prevailed that time and the animals stayed.

Anyway, back to the spaniel that was recently PTS. About a week later they got two puppies to replace the spaniel - a jack russell terrier and a bechone friese poodle (I know that's probably spelled wrong, but I haven't a clue on how to spell it right). Well, Fluffy had grown up with the spaniel so she was probably upset that her friend was gone, and in his place were these two bouncy over active puppies. Turns out she gets along with the poodle, but not the terrier - go figure since I'm sure the terrier is a real terror! So they're thinking that if it's not a UTI, it's probably behavioral because of the terrier, and since the terrier is "his" dog, the whole thing is "his" fault and the last words he said in our conversation today was that both he and the dog will probably end up out on the street instead of the cat!

I should have known better because his girls (3 of them) have gotten everything they've wanted their entire lives, why would he deny them now? I just didn't know how committed to Fluffy they were. Sometimes I get the feeling that the entire family could care less about their pets, but I guess that's not true.

So, thanks so much to all of you for your support. I'll keep you updated as I get updated. And also, thanks so much for the offer of financial support. But this guy has more money than most of us combined, so I would never take money from you guys - I'd make him reimburse me!

Whew! I feel so much better, like a ton of bricks has been taken off my shoulders.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Whew! Thanks for the update. I hope it continues to go well.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

That is SOOO good to hear!!! Stress can make you do some pretty bad things, so I understand why the guy overreacted. I'm really glad he isn't as much of a jerk as I had thought before *kicking a 10 yr old cat outside after its been indoors all its life kind of is a rude thing to do* and that they took the poor cat to the vet. UTI in cats really can get serious. My mom in laws cat has a cronic UTI problem *its why he was taken to the shelter where she got him to begin with*

Great! I hope everything continues to go well for them. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

So great to hear this, Debbie. Poor guy, has to be under unthinkable stress with his Dad's health condition ... we all react to stress in different ways!

Thank you for the update!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm glad things aren't so bleak sounding now. Hopefully the vet will be able to help them with kitty's stress or health issues and life can get back to normal for the family. Sounds like Dad was just under stress and at a breaking point when he booted kitty.

From Decker with Love

A Jack Russell Terrier puppy? Sheesh! We found a JRT the other day. I'd estimate him to be around 2 years old based on what the owners said. He knew the word NO very well Hmmm... wonder how often it was used on him? Anyway, He was practically bouncing off the walls during his short stay while we located his humans. Pouncer had a ball stalking him and then he panicked when the JRT reacted! LOL I can only imagine one that was a puppy! Bouncing off the walls AND ceiling?

I can definately see where and older cat used to an older dog would have, shall we say, Adverse Reactions. They must be loosing their minds to have lost a beloved dog, have a seriously ill parent, and to adopt TWO puppies at the same time. I hope his father's surgery was able to remove the cancer and that he's on his way to recovery.

I am glad to see that they took the porr kitty to the vet and that they are trying to figure out how to help her.

All day I've been wondering if you would

say something to him to open a conversation! Well gosh! that is very good news! (i kept wondering if I should've sent the 7 or 8 Clavamox that I gave Jan recently to you like FED EXPRESS today- being overly worried.... so I am glad it looks like things will work out and mostly I hope she doesn't have a complicated problem that will add more stress on this family!
    pixie

Glad to hear things are looking up. Sounds like the whole family has had a rough go with losing a doggie and his dad being sick. Hopefully the vet can help Fluffy and she can adjust to the Terrier. And hopefully the first thought of getting rid of her in one bad way or another was just a quick, angry reaction and they will do all the can for her.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll keep sending good vibes and prayers for Fluffy and her family.

Oh, P.S. - it's Bichon Frise. They are really great dogs, my mom has one and my dad and his wife have one. They are extremely affectionate and loving.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan