Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The weridest thing your cat has played with

Cougie played with a 6 inch centipede. My father got bit by one a few years back and it can be very painful. As he was pawing at the thing and amused by it trying to get away, we were frantically trying to get him away from it! He got it cornered in the bathroom but the damage had been done: Cougie 1 Centipede 0. He was our hero because the thing was nasty looking. He was awarded with some new toys and treats from my dad who has hated the critters ever since his centipede encounter!

My two cats, Thelma & Weezie, each have their own odd preferences for toys.

Thelma loves to play with lettuce leaves. If you do not watch her, she will steal lettuce right off your sandwich as you're making it ... later it will turn up under the bedcovers (brown and crinkly.)

And nothing makes Weezie happier than playing with her chain. This is a short length of thin chain I bought for hanging small houseplants. Weezie loves it, particularly the sound it makes dragging on the floor. She loves to pick it up with her teeth and carry it around the apartment. She also is content just to lay on top of it alluringly, as an invitation to play!

[This message has been edited by catwoman (edited June 21, 2001).]

LOL!! I'm flattered! You named your cat after me! lol

By the way, there's a weezie and an nsweezie here at Pet Talk too.

Welcome!

[This message has been edited by thelmalu99 (edited June 21, 2001).]

Do you like lettuce too? I am wondering if this is a "Thelma" thing ...

(I am afraid to ask weezie if she likes chains ... LOL)

[This message has been edited by catwoman (edited June 25, 2001).]

Paper and Water!

My biggest surprise cat toy was returning to the bathroom where I was running a bath for myself and finding a cat and a half playing in the tub! Sassy was perched on the edge splashing his front paws and Cassy was inside doing a weird little 'frog march'.

Even now I try to keep a noisy toy near at hand when suspicious 'splashy' noises come from the water bowls. Usually I can distract them (98% of the time the splasher in question is Cassy) if I catch him splashing early enough.

I love them, but sure don't understand them.

A.L.

Well, My friend's cat ( siamese) loved nothing better than to play with a human! He'd just climb all over you and purr! But it died a few days ago...

Eudora, I am saddened to hear of your friend's loss. These little guys are never here long enough.

Originally posted by Sariah:
    <STRONG>I have just one question:

What is the weridest thing your cat has played with?</STRONG>
    THE COMPUTER
    SARAH FITZ

I would have to say that the werdest thing my nikki has ever played with is the mouse on the computer!
    *Kisses*

The only things my Jewels plays with is twist ties and rubber gloves.

my 9 year old cat Chaucer loves to chase flys around and bat at spiders. He likes twistie ties, tin foil balls, the things u take off milk cartons,rubber bands,he likes to play with our shoeslike kick them, basikly anything he plays with and i know he'd love to play with my hamster Taz!!! Ohhh yeah and he loves playing with our dogs hugo and Daisy!
    *Shelties, Tabbies and golden hamsters Rock!!!!*

Former User Guest
    We're two little kittens, and we like to play with some Kitbits before we eat them. When our humans give those to us, we first play with them around the floor, and then eat.

the weirdest thing that Dink plays with is this cow wip that we have she will do bckflips if you bring it in a circle

This in not real weird but cute. We came home from our nephews wedding and we brought home this small bell we were ringing at the reception. when my husband was ringing it at Misty she got on her back paws and stood up begging for it. We gave it to her and you would think it had catnip in it she had it all over the floor. It was so funny. I guess you have to be here!!