Thread: Under-the-covers

Under-the-covers

My cat Mickey's favorite game is burrowing under the comforter on the bed and then chasing imaginary mousies. He can keep it up for a good hour. He also really enjoys being under there and staying very still, until his adopted sister Tessa hops up for a nap. When she does, Mick makes his move and attacks Tessa from underneath the covers. It's hilarious to watch, but poor Tess about has a heart attack and leaps straight up in the air.
    Both Mickey and Tessa play "Riding the Dog". They position themselves on a chair or table, and when long-suffering, unsuspecting Jackie walks by they hurl themselves onto her back! The cats seem to regard this as high entertainment, but I think Jackie could live without it.
    Mickey has a really odd little game he plays, too. He opens the cabinet door under the sink in the bathroom (sometimes this takes him quite a while, but he keeps at it) and grabs a roll of toilet paper. He LOVES to unroll the paper, but what he likes even better is to lie down with it and sink his choppers into the paper. He gets this dreamy look in his eyes and bites it over & over. I think he prefers toilet paper to catnip!

[This message has been edited by scoutkat (edited July 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by scoutkat (edited July 08, 2000).]

My cats also love to play "Catch the Bed Mice". They are on top of the blankets and pounce on those "mice" at the foot of the bed. Ouch!
    My cat Kipper can open the kitchen cabinets, but then she just sits and looks in as if she is thinking, "Now what?"

haha! I know what you mean, Kinsey. Mick & Tess like to play "Catch the Bed Mice", too. It was fun for all of us when they were kittens and their claws didn't go all the way through the covers, but now I play at my own risk.

My Daisy is the same way with the covers. She meows this sad little meow until I lift up the covers for her to climb under. Once she is under, all she does is knead and purr in delight, until my other kitty catches on and pounces on her! Daisy can really put out some body heat but she doesn't seem to mind that it is about 110 degrees under the covers!

LOL! that's so cute!
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home