Thread: About Beagle Dogs

About Beagle Dogs

Is it better to have 1 beagle or have more? Im considering buying another one now i have a 1 year old male

lol. I love beagle dogs They are so cute! But I am not really sure. If you want puppys you could always get a female.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

beagle

well my dog just seems very lonely. That is why I was considering it, also we wanted puppies! We would keep 1 and sell the rest. WE would probably keep the lemon those are really cool!

Could you post a pic of your beagle boy?

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Re: beagle

Originally posted by chanell7760652
    we wanted puppies! We would keep 1 and sell the rest.

Pic

I can not send a pic right now because im out of town but yes I will!!!!

Welcome!
    Beagles are great dogs. And that is one very nice thought you have, But dogs don't really keep eachother busy & excersize eachother too much. If your one dog is lonely & bored most likely when you get another you will just have 2 bored & lonely dogs.
    You need to be able to properly care for one dog before you should add another.
    2 dogs is just that, double everything that one dog needs.

And as far as breeding goes please reconsider all the possibilities. Geet knowledge, speek with vets, breeders trainers to get as much input as possible. I could go on & on & on & on about all the pros & cons on breeding, unfortunatly there are many more cons than pros. There are tons of dogs in need of homes in shelters & rescue organizations, why add to that population? What if you don't get a lemon color? What if you encounter complications and no puppies live?

The ONLY reason to breed is to improve the breed, therefore both parents should have history on them & should be at least 2 years of age, UTD on all vaccines, tested for & free of all health problems, meat the breed requirements etc...

please reconsider breeding & also make sure your time, space & budget can accomidate twice as much as what you have now.

Good luck
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Please don't breed your dogs! I would recomment getting them spayed or neutered, they will live longer healthier lives. There are already too many dogs out there without homes, there is no reason for someone to breed. As it is there are already way too many bad breeders out there. You don't seem to really know much about the breed. Good breeders spend years reserching and showing their dogs before breeding them. They breed to make the breed better, and they know what they are doing and know which dogs to breed. They don't just breed because they want puppies. If you want a puppy, then buy one. Don't breed one! Please spay or neuter your pets!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Please do NOT breed your DOG!!
    Not when their are millions of homeless dogs and cats dying each year b/c of back yard breeders.
    Breeding should only be done by people who love the breed and can guarentee the health and longevity of the breed.

Your dog will be happier and HEALTHIER if it spayed or neutered.
    The risk of testicular and breast cancers is dramatically reduced if the dog is altered.
    Unless you are going to be a responsible dedicated breeder Do not advocate having puppies until you have educated yourself on the facts.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

There are already so many dogs out there without homes, please don't contribute to the problem! Too many end up in shelters. There's no good reason to breed your dog, and they live better, healthier lives if they're spayed and neutered. If you are not already a reputable AKC registered breeder (which, obviously, you are not) then do the right thing and neuter your dog, and if you get a new puppy, get it fixed too!

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

If you want a partner for your dog, adopt it from the humane society- save it from death row, don't breed and bring more dogs into this world when there are too many already.

Don't breed.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb