Thread: Sense of humor

Sense of humor

My beloved, Dennis Bubba Hyphen Potter (Cat of The Day, 7/30/2000) has an amusing sense of humor...I swear, he Grinnnnnnnnns! Anyway, he's got a "thing" about Eucalyptus cough drops. He gets up on a counter and takes them one by one from a basket (in wrappers) and plays with them. One time, when we moved we found dozens of them under furniture and he often would leave a trail of Eucies (that's what we've named them, upon discovering they're DB's favorite toy! He doesn't eat them he just bats them around and has a great time with em'. I Lovvvvvvve my Dennis Bubba! Please check him out in the archives. Yeah! YEAH! I'm just a PROUD cat mom!
    Blessings,
    Joyce

My cat, Spot (cat of day 11/26/2000) does grin! whenever i pet him on top of his head right above his nose, he lifts his head as high as he can and opens his mouth in a big grin!

------------------
    Luv,
    Rini

It has got to be the menthol smell in those cough drops that get Dennis Bubba going. Mimi is SO attracted to that scent. If we use Mentholatum or anything that smells like that, she is all over us!

You know, there have been several previous posts about strange tastes our cats have, and a main theme has been mint and menthol - it has recently occurred to me that this should have been expected - after all, catnip is a mint!

You are too smart!!! And you're probably exactly right. I've never had the need to distract Mimi with catnip, but she might enjoy it.
    Does anyone know how you grow it?

It's pretty much like any mint - don't put it near a delicate plant you love, it'll take over any area it can! (My parents yard smells great when mowed - the mint of several varieties has overgrown it area, so gets mowed along with the grass!) It's a perennial, so clear a spot and let it grow! Garden.com has several kinds, or any local herb place probably has it.