Thread: It's too early!!!

It's too early!!!

I used to feed my cats in the morning until they got so obnoxious about waking me up that I had to change to feeding them at night. The second the sun went up at 5 AM they would start hiimmming and hawwiing about being feed (now be it 2/3 are pretty chubby...so it's not like any of them are starving to death and I don't usually wake up until 7 AM).

Callie, my nawtee orange tabby girl, is particularly obnoxious about having to drink from the faucet the second I walk into the bathroom. To appease her, I bought her one of those water fountains with the trickling water. It worked for about a few weeks and now she is back into wanting to drink from the faucet each morning.

This morning I was having a great dream and my alarm went off. I wanted to sleep ten more minutes so I hit the snooze button. Here comes Ms. Callie crawling across the bed and not six inches from my face she made this horrible, annoying meow/cry. I shoo'ed her away and so she proceeds to jump on the dresser drawers and push pictures off...that didn't work so, she jumped to my night stand and pushed my water cup off... Now I'm awake and I go to the bathroom. She drinks all of 3 seconds and jumps off the counter.

Meanwhile, my husband slept through the whole thing...didn't open an eyeball to see what the racket was. Argh!!

Anyone else have nawtee kitties in the morning?

Re: It's too early!!!

Originally posted by CalliesMom
    Annoying as in insisting on fresh water in the morning? OF COURSE NOT! Mine are well behaved!

Do you mean this~ Chuck likes to stretch out on the counter and of course he has to push everything else off so he has plenty of room. He has to be careful though, he has fallen off the counter before when he tried to take more room and it just wasn't there. Try to brush your teeth or put on makeup when your getting hard head bumpies in the elbows and stomach. So I go to pet him and he flips over like this and when I try to touch him, he bites me (playfully). My baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Meko & the ferrets also used the water fountain for a couple weeks then stopped. They prefer the tub water best I guess.

Meko is a terrible alarm clock, she always goes off early, ooohh it bugs me sometimes!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Re: It's too early!!!

Are you serious???? Naw-Tee Kitties??? Come on now!!!

This is where Tigger waits until I'm done showering.

PLEASE MEOWMIE!!!!! I NEED FOOD!!!!

Well if your not going to hurry up and wait on me hand and foot I have no choice but to go and drink from paw-paw's cup.

You think you are going to get something to eat BEFORE ME!!!! I don't think so!!!!!

They are not Naw-Tee...just well mannered.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Naw-tee cats x 3 here, plus a husband that can also turn a deaf ear to the cats!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Oh yes! Miss Julie is notorious for early morning fly-by's. She will come in and buzz the bed a few times to get my attention. If that doesn't work...she will try knocking stuff over or off of the dresser. So I give in and we go look at the food bowl. What? there is still food in the bowl from last night! She just wants me to see her start eating, then I'm free to go back to bed.
    Gotta love em!

I read a quote one time: 'There is no snooze alarm on a cat that wants breakfast'. Ain't it the truth!

*snicker, snicker* While Griffin was quarantined in our bedroom for 3 weeks, he would DASh into the bathroom and jump on the counter EVERY time I washed my hands, face, or brushed my teeth! He was absolutely FASCINATED with the running faucet!

Originally posted by nibblets
    What? there is still food in the bowl from last night! She just wants me to see her start eating, then I'm free to go back to bed.
    Wow, is THIS ever the truth! Dylan wants nothing more than COMPANY when he eats! He has this pathetic and plaintiff little *meep* and sad eyes and all he wants is somebody to sit on the floor with him! ...especially at 6am He never wakes us up, (unless you count *feeling* his eyes upon you while you are sleeping!!!) but if we happen to look at him - this is all he wants. Anyone else???

Oh, sometimes Chuck not only wants me to watch him eat, he also need the light on. I have his food in the laundry room and if you walk out and he is in there eating and you shut out the light, he will come find you and cry until you turn it back on. For some reason he can use his potty in there in the dark, but not eat.
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

"unless you count *feeling* his eyes upon you while you are sleeping!!!"

LOL As to the creepy things kitties do, when I come home by myself all three will follow me around the house and stare at me when I sit down. It's become a joke in the house because it freaks us out so bad---"Cats of the Corn!"

[B---"Cats of the Corn!" [/B]
    Funny! It is HARD not to feel those eyes on you! In our case - kitties are polite enough not to wake us up *technically* - but I don't know how many times I have opend my eyes to find a pair of eyes and nose within inches of my face - patiently staring at me!!!

* I suppose it is a matter of what your definition of IS is

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    LOL! Debbie, Mishi does that - he wants me to watch him eat. My wimpy big boybee. And the waking up to cat eyes or, even better, them sniffing my nose. I think they're checking to make sure I'm still alive and will feed them. This morning I woke up to Mitzi sleeping on my shoulder. It was so sweet, but the minute I woke up and realized the furry pillow next to me was her, she moved. Darn.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Do you mean , like Edwinas Beau , JJJ3, insisting every morning , n getting his Whiskas Temptations! MMMMEEEOOOW I WANT MY TREATS!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEOOOOW RIGHT NOWWW!Funny story ,and I like the Cats , in the sink!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS