Thread: Cornish rex

Cornish rex

Someone we know recently introduced us to the Cornish Rex. No offense but it isn't the prettiest cat I have ever seen, but so many people are drawn to them. What is the attraction? do they make great pets? What are their qualities which makes them so likeable to so many people?

sorry I accidently printed this two times, please excuse me!!

annibale, I do agree those poor cats look a little funny. Bless their hearts. I think a lot of people are drawn to them because they are supposed to be low allergy cats. Their tight coat hardly sheds so they're pretty much low maintenance. People are probably also attracted to them in much the same way others are to the sphynx (the bald cat).

My friend Liz has a Cornish Rex named Hopie. Hopie is like a little sheep. Here is the URL to Hopie's bio: http://www.angelfire.com/pq/coolcatclub/memberhope.html

Maybe reading about her can help you understand!!

------------------
    Personal servant for Pesto
    http://www.angelfire.com/80s/pestoswitzer/main.html
    http://www.angelfire.com/pq/coolcatclub/main.html

I agree - the rex wouldn't be my first choice either but my pet sitter breeds them so I've had enough contact to see the appeal. They feel like velvet and are unbelievably warm to the touch. They're also super playful and loving - really, these are the kind of cats who'll tear up the curtains and then come for kisses - Apparently they have great temperaments.

I was thinking that if I were ever to adopt a Cornish Rex, or any hairless cat, it would be because (to me) they look so vulnerable without any hair! I would want to take them home and protect them. Guess it's the mothering instinct in me!

------------------
    ]Margaret

Margaret,
    I'd do the same and make them a little sweater to wear. It's too cold in Clev to be without a coat.