Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh! What's that smell??

Ugh! What's that smell??

Today, we went for a quite a long walk. I had Emerson, and Mark had Malone. So we are walking down the hill, and all of a sudden we notice this overwhelming smell of poop. :wrinkled nose: I look back and see that the whole time we were walking, Emerson was leaving a trail of poop. He never pulled or acted like he wanted to "pull over".

It's just such a huge difference between Malone & Emerson. Malone has to prance around in circles, and find THE exact spot; and Emerson just does it whenever/wherever; even walking. He doesn't seem to care.

What about your dog? Are they fussy about where they poop? Or do they ignore it??

(Sorry for the pointless thread)

Nothing about dogs is pointless My dogs are opposites too. Lacey's real picky.Mandy will be sniffing as she's pooping and keep on sniffing and following the scent and pooping all across the yard!There's never a pile with her it's always a trail of poop!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

LOL, I thought Holly was the only one who could do that! She can be on a walk with us and poop while walking without missing a beat! But if she's out in the yard at home, she has to find just the right spot to do her duty. So I guess she's just a versatile doggie!
    Last edited by Holly's mom; 06-02-2004 at 06:56 AM.

omg! Katie will do the exact same thing! we will just be walking and she just does her bissiness while she is still walking. Its embarrassing!

Originally posted by Amber
    omg! Katie will do the exact same thing! we will just be walking and she just does her bissiness while she is still walking. Its embarrassing!
    oscar does it too... he will poop right in the middle of the side walk without even thinking twice. While Baby and Tikeya have to find the best spot....
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Silly Emerson!!

My dogs don't normally poop on their walks.
    In fact, Nala hadn't gone pee or poo the whole Ohio trip until we got to the dog park.

Simba has before, he just sniffs around and goes.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kaedyn loves to surprise me and poop when we get to busy areas with lots of people walking by. He doesn't bother going to a tree or anything. He'll go in front of a store and take his sweet, sweet time.

Kai, on the other hand, tends to only poop in our yard.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Bella is fussy about where she goes. It takes her forever to find the right spot and then she has to go around in circles a few times before going. Ripley is much faster. He finds his spot quickly and goes. The funny thing about him, though, is that when he is finished he kicks up the grass with his back legs but he does it after he has walked about 15 feet from where he went. Obviously he needs practice with his 'covering technique.'

Originally posted by Pam
    The funny thing about him, though, is that when he is finished he kicks up the grass with his back legs but he does it after he has walked about 15 feet from where he went. Obviously he needs practice with his 'covering technique.'
    Oh my gosh, Malone does this too!!! It has started only since we got Emerson, so I wasn't sure if it was a "terretorial" thing or something. But I crack up laughing every time he does this. He makes that grass and dirt FLY!

Originally posted by Cookiebaker
    I wasn't sure if it was a "terretorial" thing or something. But I crack up laughing every time he does this. He makes that grass and dirt FLY!
    I don't know why they do that but it is funny to watch! When Bella is finished "going" Ripley has to be sure he is there to do a little tiny squirt on it. Sometimes I am worried that he will start to lift his leg before she is finished and she will get peed on! He has to leave the last smell! LOL!

Years ago I had a black standard poodle named Whitney (RB now). She always peed as she walked. She would get down into sort of a half squat and then pee and walk all over the yard. It was the funniest thing to watch. I am just glad that when I got her she was already housebroken. I can just imagine trying to clean up a long trail of pee throughout the house! LOL!

All my boys are diffrent Max just goes wherever....Tobi has to go behind a tree / bush so no one can see him and Fizzy....has to find just the right spot then when he starts to go he will take steps forward while going I guess he doesnt want any on his paws

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

When we're on a walk, Max has one rule about where he poops.

He MUST do it in the most obvious location, so that anybody driving by will most certainly see both him and us.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Rex is very picky finding the right place to do it. He chooses the discreetest places: high grass, under bush, very hidden places, when possible. He hates to do it on sidewalks or asphalt. He also takes a long time, sniffing the ground in circles, trying to find the right spot.

A few days ago, an old lady complimented me because he never pees on her building front wall, i replied the he is very picky when choosing his toilet.

Nanook ussually prefers to go in the bushes, hedgerow or woods, somewhere private. He also has to find the perfect spot.

Raustyk is half & half, sometimes she will go anywhere without thinking twice, othertimes she has to go in private after finding the perfect spot.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Buddy is not only picky about where he has to go, but amazingly, I've grown to know the spots he'll like...even if we're someplace new...I know, Buddy will go there!!!

Guess we've been together a little too long! LOL!!!