Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .:Pictures of the Golden Girls:. [Daisy and Nala]

.:Pictures of the Golden Girls:. [Daisy and Nala]

Well, since people have been requesting/demanding () new pictures of Molly, Daisy, and Nala...here are a few that I just snapped quickly. There will be another post with pictures in the next few days or so, with just Molly and Daisy. (Hope you guys don't mind! )

For those of you who don't know, Nala is a Golden Retriever mix(?) that we are watching for the rest of the weekend for my mom's friend. She is a bouncing, red rubber ball...literally. She won't stop moving! She's a little younger than Daisy, and has three times her energy.

Enough chatter, here are the pictures.......

Look at the tongue! See the black spots?

*Pffffffffffft*

More coming..

Daize..

Posing together..

Few more coming...

Last two..

^ My current desktop picture.

Sorry they aren't that great. I'll have better ones in a few days.

Wow! Nala looks identical to a golden that is in our training class.

Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls! Thanks for sharing!

Nala is gorgeous! And so cute!
    Daisy is also very beautiful
    Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

OMG Nala is adorable! I'd never have guessed she wasn't purebred golden if she didn't have the black spots on her tongue. If she has chow it must be just a bit of it in her. She and Daisy look adorable together. I love this one of Daisy too:

Pretty golden girl! Please give Daisy hugs and kisses from me and her big admirer, Tommy
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Aw, Nala is just gorgeous!

And Daisy girl, you look just as adorable as ever!!

Is the only reason you think she isn't purebred because of her tongue? Or do you KNOW she isn't purebred? Because Katherine, QueenChyna, has a purebred yellow labrador who has a big black mark on his tongue, he is really big bones and is pretty well white.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

sort of like

http://petoftheday.com/archive/1997/October/28.html

Of course Nala could be a mixed breed and gotten that black from a Chow, but I'm just saying, you never know! (well...you might know lol but I don't!)

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Originally posted by MariaM
    Is the only reason you think she isn't purebred because of her tongue? Or do you KNOW she isn't purebred? Because Katherine, QueenChyna, has a purebred yellow labrador who has a big black mark on his tongue, he is really big bones and is pretty well white.
    No, I don't know for sure if she's purebred or not.

Her family got her from some people who couldn't handle her, and I forget if they ever said she was mixed with anything or not. Her build isn't anything like a Golden Retriever, either; she's very 'lanky', and it's very different if you compare her and Daisy. She also has a VERY short coat (and a very short undercoat, just like a Lab's). Oh, and yes the spots on her tongue also make me think she's not purebred. So, my guess would be Golden Retriever/Lab/and maybe a *little* Chow.

Thanks everyone, Daisy and Nala send you lots of kisses!

She looks purebred to me. Maybe not the most well bred, but purebred none the less.
    Many many breeds of dogs can have black spots on their tongues. My boss's bouvier had a few black tongue spots, and this handsome guy:

also has some, and he is a purebred

Irregardless she is a cutie and looks to be fitting in well.....maybe you're that much closer to a third dog of your own....

*Thanks Ashley*

awwww.. what a cute dogs...soo beautiful girls.. I think I've missed, that you've got another dog, when I was away CONGRADULATIONS

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I have to say I've seen a lot of pure goldens with different builds, some blockier, some thinner/lankier. Her build to me looks more similar to Tommy though Tommy is more muscular. Also his coat is shorter than other goldens I've seen, except that this past year he has grown an amazing furry tail, and longer tummy hairs, but overall his coat is a lot shorter than I anticipated it would be at his age.

I do think Tommy came from a puppymill originally but I can't be sure. I think show goldens generally have blockier heads and his is longer/thinner.

I had never heard of purebreds having black spots on their tongues, that is interesting Shelteez

Anyhow, she really looks pure to me.. but either way she's a cutie pie!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

*sings* Thank you for being a friend....

Nala and Daisy are just gorgeous! You must be in Golden heaven!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by primabella
    *sings* Thank you for being a friend....
    My favorite show! Now that songs stuck in my head, thanks liana, thanks.

Nice pictures julie, my sister was standing behind me before going "Ohh, why is it that in one picture Daisy's hair is darker than the other?" ... "No... That's a different dog" See julie, no blonde here, it's my sister

Nala is such a cutie!! And daisy too!