Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Sara

RIP Sara

My cat, my baby, Sara, that I've had since I was 5 years old, died today.

She was in the front yard yesterday. The neighbor's dog, Pedro, got out of their house and came over to our's. Sara stood and fought. It was her teritorry. She'd never run. She was a tortoise-shell; she had so much spirit. Finally she did run up a tree. And Pedro grabbed her off of it and shook her. He shook her for maybe five minutes while my mom beat Pedro in the head with a 2X4. Finally he let go, and my mom grabbed Sara and ran. Sara sliced her arm up really bad and has to go to the hospital. I wanted to take Sara to the vet but they were all closed and my mom wouldn't let me call the emergency vet. Her skin wasn't broken but she went into shock. She passed away at 3:30 this morning from internal bleeding in the abdomen.

When she was younger she was always so tolerant, but her attitude grew as she did. The only thing that really scared her were my rats. She was so sassy...so feisty. She had alot of life. She even used to chase Timber around the yard. She was a real pain, but I loved her so much because she was my baby. I'd had her so long.

This just figures...I'm moving on Tuesday...Tuesday was the day that she would be strictly indoors, once and for all. And I was going to feed her better food. And four days before that could happen, this happens. I was really going to start taking better care of her. God, I can't stop crying. It just feels like a nightmare. Like I'm going to wake up and everything will be back to normal. It just feels so weird, like I'm going to hear her little bell on her collar tinkle, or hear her meow for her food.

We took her to Darely Creek today and buried her. I am going to go back and plant some flowers around it. I'm also going to take a break from my project in woodwork and make a nice cross with an inscription on it..."Sara Sue 1993-2004" and maybe put something else a little more personal on it.

RIP Sara Sue. I love you and miss you dearly.

Jordan

God Jordan, I'm so sorry. We were just talking about her on the phone a few days ago, too... I know you took care of her the best you could, and I know she thanks you for that.

RIP Sara. Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge, sweet kitty.

My favourite picture of her.

I'm so sorry to hear about Sara Have fun playing at the rainbow bridge Sara.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Jordan so sorry to hear of this . I hope your mom is ok what she did was very brave . I have too been in that situation luckly our cat ran and I held the dog. Good thoughts sent out to you.

Thanks guys. Yes, I guess my mom was brave...Pedro is a German shepherd dog/rottweiler/mastiff mix, so he is very large. My mom could have gotten some pretty bad injuries. Pedro is a really good dog though...he just has a high prey drive. My mom feels really bad that she didn't do anything more though..she should have let me call the vet.

Unhappy

I lost my first cat, Tom, in 1992 to a stray rottweiler. I had had him since my 4th birthday. With the exception of Max (who HATED to be confined indoors) Tom was our first and last outside cat.

My most heartfelt sympathies to you and your sweet one. May she rest in peace knowing she was the most loved cat on earth.

{{hugs}}

Jordon, I am so sorry to hear about Sara. She was such a beautiful girl. I hope your mother's arm is okay, that was a very brave thing for her to do.

My heart is with you, Jordon, I know you feel like screaming as loudly as you can, and your heart is shatttered.

I'll be thinking about you, and I hope your heart heals soon.

Play hard and be happy at the bridge dear, sweet, and beautiful Sara.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Jordan,
    My heart breaks for you. Poor Sara, Poor you. Know that she is playing hard at RB, and will be overseeing your move. Nothing will stop the pain right now, but, remember her fondly, as I know she is remembering you.
    Hugs,
    Johanna

Oh Jordan! {{{hugs}}}

Poor sweet Sara. My heart aches for you, and for her. I'm so sorry about your loss. May you find comfort in the fond memories of Sara.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Sara. Take comfort knowing that she lived a life full of your love. She will live forever in your heart.
    Steffi and Lovable

I am very sorry to hear about Sara

Jordan, I know we didn't see eye to eye a lot of times, but please know that my heart truly breaks for you. I can't imagine what you are going thru. I have never lost a kitty I was close too.
    Take care of yourself and good luck with your move.
    Godspeed to the Bridge Sara Sue.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh Jordan!

I am SO sorry to hear about Sara. She was beautiful!!!

RIP beautiful girl! You were truly loved and will be missed!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Sara.

From Decker with Love