Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maine Coon

Originally posted by BigCharles:
    <STRONG>My big boy is called Lamoni:

I think that he is about 20 pounds. He has a high pitched voice for such a large cat. Check out the rest of his pictures on my site web page

He is so gentle and so sweet. He is my good buddy.</STRONG>

Wow, that is some big cat!! VERY beautiful though! It looks soooo much like my Maine Coon kitten, who is 10 months and weighs in at 14 lbs. or so already. Mine is white with the same orange markings, except the orange comes down a little further on his face (around the eyes). His meow is more of a 'nrrrr-eeee' sound, or just a squeek.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Yorkster, LOL! I know that squeaky "nrrr-eee" meow! That's exactly how Danny meows. It almost sounds as if he's asking a question, "nrrr-eee?", LOL. My boys don't meow that much, but Danny is at his most talkative in the morning when he's following me around and right when I get home from work. It's kind of like he's asking me how my day went.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Wow, Thelma...your cat (kitten) does that too? Does it go up in pitch at the end, like a question? nrrr-eeeee?? Maybe it's a orange cat/kitten thing. Sometimes he draws the nrrrrrr part out and it sounds almost like a purr is mixed in with it.

It's not an orange cat type thing, cuz Big squeaks too.

Isn't it funny.......that little noise coming out of such big kitties?

And I love Misty's crossed feet.
    Freckles

I looked at Freckle's pic- what a pretty and regal looking cat. She was COTD before I knew about Pet Talk.......

Originally posted by yorkster:
    <STRONG>Isn't it funny.......that little noise coming out of such big kitties?</STRONG>
    The *experts* are telling us that the MEOW is a two part word in cat language. The ME part means "come here. I want ..." (Could be anything: water, food, love, food, attention, food, open the door, food, close the door, food, turn off the light, food. Anything at all, even food.)

The OW part means "leave me alone. Don't hurt me."

With the MC's the OW can be very short and they can even vocalize the two parts seperately. Lamoni goes "mACK, mACK, mACK" when he wants me to do something with him. "OK, Lamoni. Show daddy." He gets up and leads me to where the "problem" is. Empty water dish, empty food bowl, a door he wants open.

Late one night I was up working on a computer problem ("If I complete this level, I get a hundred thousand bonus points, a new weapon, and the right to go 'rescue' the princess."). My wife was already in bed asleep. Lamoni kept coming in and pestering me. "OK, OK. Show daddy."

He lead me into the kitchen and lept up onto the table. When I went to pet him he said "AH-OO-OO-W" and shied away a little. What the ... I turned and started to leave. "WAH-OOO! mACK, mACK." Hmmm. I read that as "don't hurt me, come here."

He was not sick or hurt. He had fresh water and a full (for once) food bowl. Cindy had cleaned the litter box about an hour before.

Every time that I would try to pet him he told me to go away. Every time I tried to leave, he called me back. In frustration I turned off the light and said, "GOODNIGHT!"

He said, "mACK, Ick, Ick. Meow! mACK." I came to the table and he was purring so loudly that the table was almost shaking. I can see fairly well in the dark (which surprises the heck out of cats). He was purring with his mouth wide open. As I approached he lowered his head. Our friendship greeteing is for him to lower his head and rub the back of my hand with the forehead. We did that and he turned to wipe the side of my hand with his open teeth. he grabed my arm with his paws and pushed my hand toward his forehead.

I petted him for the next minute, kissed him on the head, and told hime good night.

He just wanted the light off. He actually said "thank you".

Being in advanced computer systems, I kind of keep up on the "Artificial Intellegence" movement. Gratitute is very high up the tree of concepts.

This is the heart of my arguments with the SETI project at NASA. "You are spending all this time looking for communications from the cosmos and you can't communicate with the life that is already here!"
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

weight for males

20 to 25 pounds

Our Bart is 26 and Chessie is 18 pounds, Bart is my the gentle giant and Chess Moma's boy. It is kind of fun to watch a 2 pound 4 month old (ROZ)chase a big fluff ball like Bart. When he does take a swipe he DOES NOT use nails. I think he knows that he could knock her into next year.
    GILL & Crew;