Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update On Baby Coon, Ringo

Update On Baby Coon, Ringo

For all of you that are interested in an update on our baby coon. He is doing great!! Leslie, the rehaber, says he is eating like a pig and growing like a weed!!! His ears opened a few days ago and his eyes on Mon (17TH). Leslie has been great to stay in touch by email with us. I am waiting to hear from her if we can go "visit" him but not touch. We don't want to make it harder for him when he is returned to the wild. We would like to maintain his album we started until he is turned loose in the Fall. As we get more pictures, I will post them.

For all who are interested in the history you can go to the link below:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=48786[/url]

The first two (2) pictures are the night we rescued him. The last picutre is the latest picture. As close as we can figure he is about 15 + days old in that picture. It was taken is his "nursery crib" at the rehab center.

I been watching for this thread, glad you got it done.. Babies are SOooooo sweeeeeeet!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

latest new picture of Ringo

Hey All,
    Below you will see the newest picture I got from the rehab lady today. He is really growing up fast. As you can see, if you look close, his eyes are partially opened and his ears are standing up now. She said that he is growing like a weed and he is getting so pretty. His markings are really showing up now. His little mask is very previlent as well as his rings on his tail. To me, he appears to be happy, fat and sassy.......or should I say LAZY!!!! Always napping!!! He is sooooo beautiful!!

He is growing! What a precious little one. I hope that Ringo is going to be just fine!!!

New Picture Of Ringo

Hey all.....

This is an update on Ringo and a new picture. I am so proud that he is growing. When you view this you will see. Also in a previous post, I provided a link to view the story from the beginning.

I was impressed with the response when we first posted but it seems since I made his own thread, no one seems to care how this little guy is fairing. I really thought people would be more interested in his outcome.

Ringo is the baby coon on the right with his face away from the camera. ( Guess he is camera shy...) He now has a "friend" since he is out of quarantine. The rehab lady, Leslie, says he is cuddling and playing and learning how to be a baby coon. This is why we sent him to her to begin with even though it broke our hearts to take him there, we knew it was best for him.

I am adding a new picture of him. I think he is about a month old here. (We are just guesstimating at his age.) His markings have really just popped out since the last picture.

I also have to say a wonderful thank you to Leslie Lattimore in Livingston, Louisiana for all she is doing for all sorts of animals that have been hurt or abandoned. She is really a wonderful lady and I thank her deeply for taking our baby Ringo. She sends me a new picture each time I have asked for one and I truly thank her for that. She is a State and Federal liscensed rehabilitator. She does all this and is NOT funded by anyone, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Her email address is: [email protected]. If you are interested in donating, please email her for details. I know she would appreciate it.

Hope you all enjoy it!!!

Ringo is a Cutie!!

Glad he's doing so well at the Rehab Center.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

He's growing and changing so much, isn't he? I'm glad you're keeping us updated. Go Ringo!!!!

Obviously someone is following the story and just not responding! This thread has had 85 views!!

Aww, look at his cute wittle face! He is so cute. Both are very cute. Thanks for updating us on the little guy.

Thanks for the update.

Like Logan said, I've been *watching* but not posting. Sorry for that!!!

He's sooooo adorable! I'm glad he's doing well.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I have always loved raccoons!!! Oh and to see not one, but TWO precious little baby coons!!! Thank you so much for taking this baby in and finding a great rescue center for him to grow and thrive! Please keep the pics and updates coming too!

Awww! He's so cute! I never saw this thread before. Keep us posted! What a sweet baby raccoon!

Thanks from Ringo and Lucky's Maw Maw

Thanks all......
    I am new to this and don't know how to tell how many views have been done. I just knew no one was posting and I didn't understand that. I am the neighbor of Laura's Babies and she always shows me how much people respond. I am glad to know that people are at least following his story. A special thanks to those that posted because now I know you are all out there. Sorry if I sound upset....just didn't understand and Laura is on her days out so I couldn't ask her about it. Chalk it up to a newcomer.

New Update On Ringo. Baby Coon 6/15/04

Hey All,
    I just got the newest picture of Ringo in from Leslie, the rehabor.
    She said he is "growing like a weed" (as you all can see). He is in the weaning stage and fusses when the "other" babies get their bottles. He thinks he is suppose to get one too and lets her know so. He will soon be outside in the "pre-release" cage where he will learn how to catch crawfish, shiners, crickets and other eatable things. He has had the first of his vaccanations. He will get 3 before he is released. He has a lot of new things to learn in his first few months. But you will be able to see how much he has grown. He has a beautiful dark mask now and is really filling out and growing up. It will be fall before we know it and he will be released back into the woods and our sweet Ringo will be a very happy memory. It makes me kinda sad that we won't be able to "track" his progress but happy that he will be where he is suppose to be. Hope you all enjoy him as much as I do.

Only just caught up with this thread and seen the little cutie-pie - he's gorgeous. I've never seen a baby racoon - so I'm thrilled.
    Good luck little fella!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

OMG!!! He's growing up so fast!!!!! What a beauty he is too!!!!

Thank you for your continued updates. I have been enjoying all of them!!!!!