Thread: I'm new, meet my pup Misfit.

I'm new, meet my pup Misfit.

She is about 2 years old or so, I've had her for about 7 months, my friends found her when she ran into there house chasing there cat. They called the pound to take her, so she wouldnt get hit by a car, I happened to see her and fell in love with her.
    She is part lab/chow, she likes to sleep on the bed with me, she is very laid back and not hyper, unless she wants her morning walk where she will yawn/squeek, (I think she's trying to talk) and leap with all 4 legs in the air while doing a 180 twist. She was already house trained, she stands by the back door and gives a little whine to go out, and when she wants to come in, she either gives a whine or does a single knock at the door.
    This is the 2nd yellow lab i've had, and so far both are just perfect for me. I wouldnt trade her for the world.

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Network23 ]

Welcome to Pet Talk. Those eyes must be impossible to exist. Misfit looks like she "fits" just fine in your house!
    I've Been Frosted

Misfit looks like an adorable sweetie. It does sound like she's gotten the body language down, on to verbalizing!

Welcome to Pet Talk. It's a great community. Hope you enjoy it here, too.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

uh oh dahrrlin' you don't know what you have opened here...golden lab indeed oh boy here we go I do love it but we have to know where you live (get it you guys ) You won't believe what a non-misfit you are and welcome to you both
    laurie
    Look Out... TRAP FACE BOOGIE AWAY
    ~ at least I'm not...

HEY..this isn't DOGOFTHEDAY not even close Am I spacing or what (sp again Ain't nothin but a thang though...beautiful loving dog...enjoy
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Welcome to a fellow Califorian and I must tell you Misfit is so beautiful, I can see why you couldn't let her get away. She is a real beauty. Welcome to PetTalk glad you decided to join.
    Jackie

Misfit is adorable.....those labs just take my breath away, every time!! Of course, so does just about every other kind too!! LOL!!

Welcome to Pet Talk. We're glad you decided to join us, and thanks for telling us about Misfit. What a wonderful story.

Pretty dog! And welcome too!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Network23 and Misfit, welcome to Pet Talk. I am glad you have found us. I think you will discover (like Misfit did when she found you) that you are at the right place. Thanks for sharing Misfit's pictures...we love pictures here and we now we can chalk up one more for the Big Bed.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

Network and Misfit! I am SO thrilled to welcome another Labbie mom to Pet Talk! Not many of us around here, and I know my yellow labbie girl Star would love to trade "tales" with Misfit. If your girl is true to her name, Star and she will have a lot of mischievious tales to tell! But it sounds like Misfit is a very well behaved young lady!! How lucky you are to have her! Welcome to Pet Talk. I hope you'll stick around with us! Sandra, Star and Cody

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You MUST be warned about this site...
    ADDICTIVE! Betcha can't just do one post!!! A warm hardy welcome to you and Misfit! Awesome looking dog!

I've been Boooo'd!

What an adorable baby!! Aww.. I wish I could mush with him. Welcome to the board!

I was doing a search for when yellow labs go into heat, couple searches down I found the post I asked back in 2001. (I still try to guess or figure out her age)
    Misfit is still with me, I could have never ever asked for a better dog. She is still lazy and loves sleep, she gives me attention when she wants to.
    We have moved a few times, from living in my business warehouse in Phoenix for awhile, to living at my friends business in San Diego, currently staying at my moms due to the economy, she loves Misfit and spoils her. I do miss our weekly drives from Phoenix to San Diego for business though, she loved the 6 1/2 hr van ride. She adjusts easily to any situation.
    I don't have a yard here, so I give Misfit 3-4 walks a day, I want to make sure she gets the excercise she needs getting into her senior years, plus I live in Lake Elsinore so when the weather is nice we walk 5 minutes to the lake.
    Vets have underestimated her age, 2 months ago the vet said she doesn't appear a day over 8, im guestimating shes 10-12.
    Just thought i'd say hello 9 years later and say she's doing great.. Too bad whatever pics I had posted are gone from whatever I used to host them originally, so here are some recent ones.

Last edited by Network23; 05-28-2010 at 07:11 AM.

wow.. she´s adorable!!.. glad to see her.. 9 years later.. lol.. I was startign to wonder what she looked like.. hehe.. a real cutie..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365