Thread: it's kitten season

it's kitten season

My friend, QueenScoopalot has been ultra busy. Last week there was a report of sick and falling down cats in a nearby town.. She spent 6 hours in that apt. complex only to find one older litter of ferals and one nursing cat. And tonight she tells me there is a 2nd nursing cat. There were no "hundreds of cats" But it is a potentially bad situation. So we will keep a look out and obviously find the mother's babies.
    Tonight, she got a call of kids "playing with kittens". Turns out they were only 2 weeks old so Q had to trap the mom using a kitten or kittens as bait and did finally get them all but she is so tired and drained. She had just transfered 11 kittens to a new foster home and now this!!!
    pixie

Jan and Leslie,

You guys are in my thoughts ALWAYS!! I hope Jan remembers to take time out for herself! Burn out can happen SO easily!!!

Love you guys!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's still stray cat season!

On top of kitten season! Yikes! I picked up an emaciated bright orange nuetered male last night and brought him to QSAL's (thank god she had an available cage or he would have had to go in my bathroom the size of an airplane bathroom with no windows!) Anyway- he was so dehydrated that his eyes were/are sunken- I thought they looked wierd but couldn't figure out in what way. He cater-walled all the way to her house but also purred and enjoyed being patted and held! Once in her house he got nervous because of other animals. He wouldn't touch any food and don't know if that's cuz he's anorexic from too long with no food, or something else going on. He got some fluids but she is now out and he could've used some more. As of late last night, she was force feeding him baby food (wiping it on his lips and roof of his mouth). He had peed on himself and she said it smelled extremely concentrated. He had stopped talking but by 11pm was talking again. Fear is luekemia and kidney failure (from no food). Haven't gotten an update today on whether or not he survived the night. The Peabody shelter can't take him till Friday- I hope he makes it! He's a friendly boy who deserves (well don't they all!?) a good home!!
    Thanks moosmom for your wonderfully kind words! I hope jan sees your post!!
    (and how are ya anyway?)
    pixie

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

YAY LESLIE!! First Thread!

Yet another chaotic day *sigh*. The orange boy ate all his food last night, and then some today. All in all he's eaten two cans. Todays adventures have been crazy as usual. I brought the bl&white mama and her four to another foster home (a newbie, but willing to learn). It's temporary as the kittens are near social enough to be adopted. I get home to a message about a newborn kitten in one of "Smucks" barrels behind Tonino's. One of the PeeWees was on the way out...she wasn't developing right, and Cindy who paid to have her delivered via cesarean section on Easter Sun. took her home and saw the poor tiny girl over the Bridge. I drove to check out the one barrel kitten, and it was moved by the mother. So I checked around the area, and way away from the barrels, in the marsh under the dried up marsh reeds which were toppled, I hear a kitten crying. What an ordeal it was trying to locate this tiny creature. Rather like finding a toothpick in a lumber yard, but I found a three day old baby all by himself. I opted to not try trapping the mom cat as she may have others in another nest, and forgot about this tiny tyke. So it's back to bottles, and dirty kitten butts...but Greta does 'diaper duty' so that helps. No rest for the weary.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I'm so sorry!

The peewees looked great last night! Darn it! Ouch! I'd cry but I can't because I just hope the 2nd peewee survives- wonder what took her??? Were they not both looking ok last night?
    And kitten in the swamps? My god, was she cold and wet? Is she taking to the bottle ok? Will the feeder spay the mother? (HA!) This is a feeder that does nothing but feed and, well, nothing else! Poor tyke. No, there is no rest for you! Moosmom concerned about burn out- I forgot to tell her, you never seem to burn out! (btw, brown tiger running through the storage lot- doing the belly run behind Kappy's on Rt. 1 tonight- but no matter- pay no mind to me!---yes I been cruising through there at least once every couple of weeks....make me stop!). Thank you so much for taking in F****Red! Fred! Is he still talking? is he peeing normally yet or still icky on himself? Did you take his beautiful picture yet?
    pixie

My God you ask so many questions! If you ever pick up the phone when I call, I'd rather not have to type a book to answer all your ??? The little PeeWee was the gr/wh one who wansn't growing right. Little boy PeeWee still nursing etc. "Marshall" from the marsh is eating quite well poor little guy. All by himself. Orange boy is still getting cyproheptadine and then eats like a pig. Over and out the door......
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Here's The Sweet Bag of Bones....

Leslie rescued this guy thurday evening. Skin & bones, but with such purrsonality! His appetite has perked up, which is a relief.
    Author Unknown ~*~

OMG!! I want him!!! What a sweet little boy he is!! Great job, Leslie!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    OMG!! I want him!!! What a sweet little boy he is!! Great job, Leslie!
    Don't you just love his nose freckles? he is so Siamese sounding when he talks! Everyone say a little prayer that all will be well with his combo test etc. He is such a bag of bones, but at least he has a bed & breakfast now. (And lunch, dinner....
    Author Unknown ~*~

Oh Leslie, What a wonderful job, rescueing this sweet guy. Poor little fellow, hasn't he just got the best color? Put some food in that guy and he will be singing!

He is a beauty now, just think what he is going to look like when he fills out! Wow, he will be gorgeous then. There is just something about kitties that are talkers, that I just love.

What a great job, Leslie!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!