Thread: Happy, Playful Mimi!

Happy, Playful Mimi!

My precious, twelve year old, Mimi, has never been one to "play". She loves ribbons, but that is about the extent of her toys. Well, she has finally found a reason to be happy that Butter lives here. I have been buying cat toys to try and occupy the busy boy. Tonight I brought home tiny catnip mice. Well, Butter is outside and Mimi just discovered it. She has been batting it up and down the hall for at least 10 minutes! She looks like a kitten and is having the time of her life!! Hurrah for Mimi!!! I'm so glad to see her be "spunky"!! She does not act her age since Butter has come to live with us. She is eating more (which is good in her case), her fur is beautiful, and now she is PLAYFUL!!!!
    Just had to share it...now if she would only learn to like Butter...at least she tolerates him!!
    Thanks for listening.
    Logan

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited April 24, 2001).]

I also think that sometimes the addition of a younger cat can give older cats a new lease of life. Gigio was 14 when my other angel passed away, a few months later I found Maya, you should have seen him he started playing, running and generally behaving like a young cat! He is 18 now and occasionally still likes to steal Maya and Prema's toys.

Well done Mimi!

Hi Logan,
    So glad to hear about Mimi! Maybe she will eventually warm up to Butter...it could be that she's just shy and takes a little longer. You'll probably walk in one day and the two of them will be racing around the house as if they were lifelong buddies!
    Yay, Mimi!!

[This message has been edited by thelmalu99 (edited April 25, 2001).]

That's so wonderful about Mimi! I love watching cats play and have fun with their toys. I, too, hope that Mimi and Butter will be friends, soon. Then they can play "catnip mouse soccer" together! My two cats are just the same--I'm waiting and hoping for them to bond...

------------------
    ~Margaret

You know what, even if they never bond, and they may never since it has been 4 months already, if we have seen the worst, then we can live with it. Mimi has always been very independent, asking for love and accepting it, only when it suited her! Butter has obviously never had much affection in his life, and it shows in his actions, but every day, he is a little more interested in us, a little closer, allows a few more back scratches,etc. In fact, last night, Mimi and Lilly were in the bed with Helen, Honey was sleeping on the floor by my bed, and Butter came in and went to sleep on the pillow right beside my head. That is a first! He usually sleeps on the foot of the bed if he is inside at night. That's all that matters. They are both so precious and I cannot tell you the joy I feel at having them here.
    One Happy Logan