Thread: litter boxes

litter boxes

i am considering investing in the Litter Robot. It's extremely expensive. However, I live in a tiny apt. with 9 cats and can not keep up with the box and all the litter tracking all over the place. Does anyone have experience with this litter robot? Hate to spend so much money for nothing!
    On the same idea- what's the best way to get cat hair up? aside from the wet clothe in hand? Which is the best, I know, but I'd rather find a decent vacuum than be on my hands and knees all the time with a wet cloth! And I mean, All The Time!! (sometimes I think they purposely push their fur out to keep me annoyed and busy!)
    pixie

I visited the website and discovered so many testimonials from those who previously used Litter Maid but had burnout problems, etc.

It certainly looks as if it would work well.

it does

look good but the testamonials were of those with 4 cats tops. This thing costs over $300.00! I would think someone on pet talk owns one because of it's wonderful claims.. we shall see!! thanks for checking it out!
    pixie

Have you tried flushable litter? I got the litter box a few years ago that had 3 layers to it that you could sift. The waste fit into a walmart bag and easy to dump into. It worked great and it was around $20. I also keep a rubber mat under my litter box to catch the overflow.
    As far as getting hair up, there is a new carpet fresh out that has "Pet Release" in it. Haven't tried it yet. I find a shop vac works the best for picking up hairs. I also got a small steam cleaner for accidents. There is a "sponge" for about $3 that works great for pet hair. You can find it at a pet store or walmart. Brewer's yeast is also good for preventing alot of shedding, fleas, and gives a shiny coat. Good luck

Litter Robot

Leslie,

Did you ever buy one ? and if yes how is it ?

FYI I found reports of :-
    : 3 cats fill the waste bin in 3 days
    : 6 cats fill the waste bin in 1.5 days

One cat would take 9 days to fill the waste bin, so logically your 9 cats will fill the waste bin in a day.

Litter Robot

Reviews & Advice on Litter Robots
    Last edited by PayItForward; 06-20-2004 at 07:21 AM.