Thread: Yikes!!! Weighed Tigger today!

Yikes!!! Weighed Tigger today!

I weighed myself today and then picked up Tigger and weighed myself again....

And I was 19 and a half pounds heavier when holding him

I was expecting 15-16 pounds, not nearly 20!!

His tummy is almost touching the floor when he walks

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

He and Allen weigh the same! I love big kities! there's more to love.

Wow! Thats one big fellow! Like catnapper said, theres more to love. How old is Tigger?

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Hehe, yep, more to love, just he has short legs and doesn't exercise much and Im scared hes going to get bad legs or something!

Originally posted by trayi52
    How old is Tigger?
    He'll be 7 in October

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

That's a pretty big cat.. well, as long as he's healthy and there's more of him to love too!

Wow! I thought my cats were big. I have 4 large male cats and they weigh as follows: Storm 14lbs, Sunny 11-12lbs, Cirrus 15lbs, and Sky 12-13lbs. As long as he's healthy and is able to clean himself, I wouldn't be too worried about his weight. I had to stop free feeding mine because Cirrus and Sky were gaining too much weight.

Now I feed them 1/4 cup of dry food 2 times a day or 1/2 cup total of dry food per cat a day. My vet recommended that I put them on a diet before any problems occurred. At first they weren't very happy about it but now they've learned the routine.

If it means I have to get on the EVIL scales myself then Connor and Ally will have to wait for a weigh-in at the white-coats

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

We once tried feeding Tigger one ammount every day, instead of free-feeding(which is what we've always done) and we descovered it's painfull lol see when his dish is empty, or even ALMOST empty, he'll come find us and grab our legs/arms..whatever's available and bite it

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    If it means I have to get on the EVIL scales myself then Connor and Ally will have to wait for a weigh-in at the white-coats
    LOL

I didn't want to get on the scales either but I *had* to know how much he weighed, because I picked him up and I was like , his tummy is HUGE!

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I love big kitties! As long as he's healthy then just snuggle that extra kitty fluff. I bet his next trip to the white coats will get him put on a diet though! Diets...YUK!

Moose , has been eating the Indoor Senoir Complete Care , from Nutro, and heis down to 21 pounds, from 24. But the Vet wants him to 16 , at the most. all I need is the Astro tread Mill!From The Jetsons!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    I love big kitties! As long as he's healthy then just snuggle that extra kitty fluff. I bet his next trip to the white coats will get him put on a diet though! Diets...YUK!
    LOL We have also tried diets, he will not eat any other food but "his own" and as I said in the above thread, he "attacked" us and wouldn't eat it, just went around crying all day and grabbing our legs whenever we walked around

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Ah yes, the old "I'm starving mom, feed me now!" leg grabs. When I switched my two over to twice daily feedings last fall I got that treatment too. It lasted a few days and then they got used to it. I actually liked the extra "feed me" attention. I can tell they're both healthier now; both of their weights have stabilized. I think (hope) Mitzi has lost a couple of pounds. She's supposed to be 8-9 lbs.; last time she was 11 lbs. I'm taking her in either today or next week for her annual check-up.

Ask the vet or your pet food store for food samples. Many times they'll give you samples for free or a nominal fee. That way you can try different reduced calorie foods until you find one your cat likes. Mitzi loves the Natural Balance reduced calorie formula.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Originally posted by RedHedd

Ask the vet or your pet food store for food samples. Many times they'll give you samples for free or a nominal fee. That way you can try different reduced calorie foods until you find one your cat likes. Mitzi loves the Natural Balance reduced calorie formula.
    We have tried different foods, diet ones mostly lol and he would never eat anything else.

Also I get the "FEED ME" leg grabs EVERYTIME his dish is empty or a little empty

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Wow, that's one big kitty. I thought Fister was big. When he approached 8 kg. we started giving him Hills C/D and W/D. He lost weight quite soon after. I'm sure it's healthier too.

Try to meassure his food again, and be persistent.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.