Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shy Lola Tortie

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Shy Lola Tortie

Lola has a condition called macropthalmia which is undersized eyes. I don't know the extent of her vision, but I think she sees fairly well. Poor shy girl...rescued off the streets.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

No comment after my recent experience and posts but she sure is a CUTIE !!

Not to worry....Lola doesn't bite! I can hardly get close to her. Once in a while if she's asleep somewhere I can pat her and she'll purr like crazy. She had a tough time out on the streets, and came so close to dying while giving birth. 107.1 temp. Labor Day weekend.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Poor baby. She is beautiful and I hope she has a wonderful and happy life from here on out. She certainly deserves it.

Her colors are beautiful! Thank God you rescued her so now she has a chance at a better life... I get madder and madder at all the stupid people who don't spay or neuter their pets!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

re spaying and nuetering

No kidding! And poor lola wasn't the only one with eye damage in this awful neighborhood, there was a tom that we never saw again with eye problems that looked like lola's- there's an old used car lot behind the houses where lola was caught- possibly some kind of chemical poisoning... Poor lola had her babies in the worst possible spot and they wandered away into brambles but she couldn't get them back to her because she was blind and they were tangled in weeds! Her Lita (see kitten pics with bonnet!) is the sole survivor!
    pixie

Oh, such a pretty Tortie! Poor Lola, she has a chance at having a better life now. Thanks to you and Leslie.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

there was a tom that we never saw again with eye problems that looked like lola's- there's an old used car lot behind the houses where lola was caught- possibly some kind of chemical poisoning...
    How sad!!

Good that poor Lola has a chance of a better life now!

Kirsten

I am sure her tortietude helped her survive 'till now, and now she has you to make sure she finds a good home! What a sweetheart!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Thank you for rescuing that beautiful girl.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Good news Leslie

Lola's probable littermates...the orange tom, and the look-a-like tortie were both trapped and taken in by MRFRS. Word has it that the orange tom is a sweetheart.
    Author Unknown ~*~

She is such An Angel , and soon the Found Cats , hope that you will be Firnds . A Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW FROM ALL , OF US!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lola & Lita's Sad Story
    This is an ordeal I never want to go through again. Leslie I'm sure would agree! Introductions to Lola & her baby Lita (who played dress up as a tiny girly). I wrote this story for a newsletter for the group who helped save Lola & Litas life...here goes...drum roll.........I first heard about "Lola" through the ever active cat grapevine. Labor Day weekend a blind cat was giving birth to kittens under a pile of rubble in a woman's backyard. I sent word back through the "grapevine" to leave her alone. I went with Leslie the next day to investigate. It was late afternoon, and I figured the cat would be done birthing, and settled in nursing her brood. I was quite mistaken, when we discovered that her newborns were tangled by their umbilical cords (placentas still attached) around roots coming out of the ground! They were ice cold, and hadn't had any first milk by first observations. I climbed over the tires, and tarps all laden with rain water, and tried to locate the weak cries. I was able to snap the branches entangling the first two kittens, and break through the umbilical cords with my fingernails. I handed the ice cold newborns to Leslie to warm. We were still hearing weak kittens crying further under the rubble, and I located two more closer to the mother. I managed to grab them as well, and handed them to Leslie who held the ice cold litter of four against her stomach to try to warm them slowly. I found no more kittens, but went to look for the mother cat, and realized she was gone. I set a trap, the whole time trying desperately to keep the newborn four warm. An hour had passed and she had still not come back to the nest. I drove around the block, and by fluke looked in the rearview mirror and saw what looked like a black cat five houses away from the nest. I threw the car in reverse, and sure enough it was the tortie mama I was looking for! She went between a fence and a shed, so I threw some mackeral towrd her to keep her in place, had Leslie keep a peek on her, and grabbed the trap. We got her in a matter of moments, and took the whole group home to safety. To be continued...........The ordeal hasn't begun yet!
    Author Unknown ~*~

Part two.......refreshing memories! Bad ones..w/good ending!

Part 2!
    It was a long night as we discovered. Though the kittens had been warmed for over an hour (very important for newborns) they were in very weak condition, I mixed up kitten formula, and settled mama into a safe haven, and fed her very weak babies. It turned out Lola was abandoned, and in very bad shape when she was giving birth! She was still in labor late that night, but too weak to push the fifth still born kitten out. I stayed up helping her push, though she barely had the energy. By 11P.M I had three very weak kittens. I awoke early the next morning, and found a breach kitten coming out of Lola. I gritted my teeth, and grabbed a towel and pulled the last dead kitten out of her. During the night two of the weakest kittens died. It was heartbreaking as I buried their tiny bodies one, by one. I had a feeling something wasn't "right" with Lola. I thought she may have had another viable kitten in her come Labor Day as I swore I felt movement in her. The next day the vets were open, and Lola went in to be checked. She was in critical condition with a 107.1 temp! She was put on I.V fluids for 24 hours, while I took care of her last surviving kitten. She was spayed the next day after she had stabilized, and her eyes which are very small had the fused membranes on them removed. She came home to a warm bed, and her tiny newborn "Lita"! She is a very quiet shy cat who evidently experienced a lot of abuse in her short lifespan. THE END P.S.Lola has been a wonderful mother to her Little Lita, to the point she still lets the little piggie nurse! Lita is almost eight months old!
    Author Unknown ~*~

re: the other strays

with bad eyes- I didn't get the initials! What organization took the 2 you mentioned? Is the feeder any wiser or is she still hesitant to call for help?
    pixie