Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name the blind kitty! (Ocular)...

Name the blind kitty! (Ocular)...

As of right now, barring any unforeseen disaster...

OCKY IS COMING HOME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!

Ok, you guys this is officially it! We have to have a new name!!!
    Hubby liked Mr. Magoo but I want a few more options that might work depending on his personality.
    Let's go people! Put on the thinking caps and lets name that kitty!!! He looks like a little stuffed animal with no eyes! Poor baby.
    Keep the prayers going that all will go well with the other kids and Ocky becomes a wonderful new family member. I'm so nervous and so excited all at the same time!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! *squeal*

That's so great!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! **BIG HUGS*** for Ockey!! I can't wait to hear all about his homecoming, and to see some more pics!

Names....ooh, I know! You can call him "Justice." 'Cause you know, Justice is blind...har har....

I still like "Ockey." It's cute!

I like Ocky too

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I'm a fan of Ocky, too. It just seems to fit, you know?
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Yay! Congrats to him for finding a home! I also really like the name Mr. Magoo!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Wa Hoo...I don't like Ocky cause it sounds too much like Yucky! I do like Mr. Magoo! I'll put my thinking cap on.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I like the Justice concept! Ocky is... hokey.

How about Braille?

Keeping fingers and paws crossed that he comes home with you tomorrow night!

The obvious...

BK, BeeKay (blind kitty) or

Longstreet, named after a blind TV detective or

From mythology..
    Argus. A fabulous being of enormous strength, who had a hundred eyes, of which only two were asleep at once, whence he was named Panoptes, or the All-seeing.

Wooo hoooo!!! I've been thinking about you and thinking maybe I missed the big homecoming since I haven't been able to get on lately, but I see I'm right on time!

I like Mr. Magoo too. He looks like a Magoo.

But I'll put my thinking cap on too....let me see, you already have a Pervy, a Stubby, a Peanut Butter, a Maggie Sue, a Sammy, a Lucky, a Pete a Pepper Jack and a good ol' Leroy, so what name would fit well with those....hmmm......

Oops, gotta go restart the work computer - again. I'll think about it and get back to you!

Don't forget to charge the camera batteries!!!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Stevie Wonder... (Stevie for short) since he is such a WONDERful little guy.

My 2 cents worth I don't think he should have a name that goes with his blindness, but one that goes with his personality or looks. To me, he looks like a teddy bear and a sweet one at that...the names rolling through my head are along the lines of PoohBear, Bear, Muffin, Kissyface, Cupcake, Hugabear... I am a bit partial to Kissyface, after hearing about the nice kiss he gave you!!! XXXXX

PS I do like "Magoo", too

I like Ocky! I just think Ocular is way cool, and, so original. BUt, as far as blind people go, I think Claude or Monet would be super, too. I especially like Monet.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I like Monet, too...

But actually I agree with sirrahbed and wouldn't name him after his blindness.

I'm happy for him that he's coming home with you now! Good luck!

Kirsten

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Okay, if you can't decide, just let one of the other kitties name him! That's what we did with Pickles. And can you see Pickles as anything but? Marsha did a good job, IMHO.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    My 2 cents worth I don't think he should have a name that goes with his blindness, but one that goes with his personality or looks. To me, he looks like a teddy bear and a sweet one at that...the names rolling through my head are along the lines of PoohBear, Bear, Muffin, Kissyface, Cupcake, Hugabear... I am a bit partial to Kissyface, after hearing about the nice kiss he gave you!!! XXXXX

PS I do like "Magoo", too
    Yeah, but could YOU name a cat Kissyface and introduce him to other people as such? I really wanted to name Rizzo after the huge, shaggy, Muppet-eating, fly-attracting monster Muppet. But every time I thought of myself saying, "This is my cat, Sweetums." I wanted to throw myself off a bridge.

You've got a good train of thought going there, though. PoohBear had actually occurred to me. And, for some reason, Paddington! He must look bearish, in a cuddly sort of way.