Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does your kitty (or kitties) sleep?

Where does your kitty (or kitties) sleep?

Noah sleeps on our bed and on the couch. When we are home, he sleeps by the sliding glass door between the verticle blinds, or on the chairs at our kitchen table.

At night time, he snuggles with me as close as he can get. "Noah, there is no more room!"

So, where do your cuties sleep?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Over my head, but not on my head. Let me explain.

I sleep with two pillows, usually one on top of the other. Mila has put a stop to this.

The pillows are now separate. One lies against the headboard and the other lies next to it, further down the bed. Mila lies on the one against the headboard and I lie on the second one.

Good thing I am short, because this pushes me about a foot down the bed.

Every now and then Mila will lean over her pillow onto mine and lick my face. She really like my eyelashes.

Pretty scary way to wake up, with a cat hanging over your head licking your eyeball!

That is SO cute!! Mila sounds like such a sweetie! What does she look like?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Good for Mila ... commandeering her very own pillow!

My girls sleep on either side on my head, about the ears ... with their paws on my hair. I refer to them as my "kitty earmuffs." They, like Noah, cannot seem to get close enough!

Catwoman

Bo's sleeping habits change with the seasons. In warm weather, she likes to sleep on her fluffy window perch, probably because she's too warm for the bed. But when it's cold, she gets as close to me as she can, usually in the crook of my legs or right on top of my feet. Bo especially likes it when I have the electric blanket on.

Kitti's favorite place to sleep during the day is in the window. we have a big window in our living room and it has a wide ledge. At night she sleeps in bed with me,my husband and Olli (boxer puppy). Sometimes she even gets under the covers for a little bit.

Anywhere they want to???

Livvy usually takes up a corner of the bed at the foot then wanders off in the middle of the night. Sometimes in route to the bathroom I find her in the top of the cat tree or in the laundry basket or in the cat carrier, also known as the "cat cave".

Cassy is more diverse. At some point in the night he sleeps on top of the covers over my legs. Frequently he goes under the covers elsewhere in the bed. At some point every night he curls up in my right armpit. (It seems really weird to me that it's never my left armpit, always the right. Maybe I apply deodorant more thoroughly there (less thoroughly there???) ) When he's not there, he might be anywhere.

Apparently we are all fairly mobile/active at night...

AL and the fur-kids
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Ssdie generally likes to sleep with us for most of the night, wedged firmly between us. She does have a wander round the house occasionally, and a quick bite to eat, if she gets disturbed by an inconsiderate person turning over too roughly, but usually comes back to us fairly quickly. She takes her role as constant companion very seriously!
    Helen

Prema sleeps with me, she goes to bed when I go and usually she does not move until I get up. Due to serious health problems, my parent have to live in my apartment for long stretches of time and Maya, the little traitor, got really attached to my mother and will sleep in their room. Gigio used to take turns but over the past couple of weeks has taken permanent residence on the balcony (it's a sort of terraced one so if it rains it stays dry), he has been in the house only once since.

That's at night, during the day they sleep wherever the feel like it, one of Prema prefers my bed when the weather is bad, or in a basket or even better in the plant pots on the balcony when the weather is nice.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Gio ]

Elvis likes to sleep at the foot of my bed and Danny likes to be at the top. Danny likes to be near me, but not snuggled up next to me. Elvis likes to snuggle up and will often lie down on top of me. Sometimes, though, they will leave in the middle of the night and go somewhere else, usually to the living room to fight with each other.

They both like to jump into bed with me and watch old All in the Family and The Jeffersons reruns on Nick at Night until we all fall asleep.
    They also thoroughly enjoy Politically Incorrect .

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Tummy sleeps with me. He usually curls up in my arm but sometimes crawls under the back of my neck. He purrs like a jet motor

Suess takes her very own bed in the guest room or she sleeps on a comfy office chair in a closet when she likes to be alone.

Once in a blue moon she will sleep with Tummy and I and then snores ;>

Lily sleeps at the foot of the bed, and has never ventured up to the pillow . . . much to my chagrin. I would like nothing more than to have her cuddle next to my head, and I envy those furparents lucky enough to enjoy such comforting slumber. She also likes to sleep at the top of her cat tree. She never uses the lower perches except as a stairway to the top! Since her cat tree and litter box are at total opposite ends of the house from the bedroom, I have now put another litter box in the bedroom for her convenience as she is elderly, and to encourage her to sleep on the bed all night.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Mir sleeps on my pillow above my head and Otie sleeps down at the bottom of the bed.

None of my cats sleep with me becuase they sleep all night and are awake up in the morning. Well Sabrina does sleep in my brothers room on the shelf. I guess the other cats sleep else where but sometimes Joey would sleep on the end of th bed for a little while.

My cats sleep in bed or next to it. They fight for the best seats!