View Poll Results: Do your cats smell your breath?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! He/She practically sticks its whole head in my mouth!

10 32.26%
  • Yes, but in the daintiest way.

10 32.26%
  • On occasion, if I've eaten something particularly potent.

10 32.26%
  • No, EWWWW that's gross!

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your cats smell your breath?

Do your cats smell your breath?

My mom(sirrahbed) and I were talking today and she mentioned that she tried to see if her cats would smell her breath like Boomer does mine. This conversation brought up the question of how many other cats are breath sniffers?

and by the way, I got about 50% of my hair cut off, so I thought I'd sneak in a picture of my new cut
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Lock's breath doesn't stink at all, but, he also doesn't eat bagged cat food. So, that may have something to do with it. I dunno.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

LOL , that is a funny picture!! Your Tiger looks like my Angel. Angel gives me tooth rubs,then sneaks in a smell while the calico puts her mouth right next to my nose, then gives my nose a little lick. Must be a cat thing, not sure what this means. I know about the toothrubs, but not Sweetie's kiss.

This is not about stinky cat breath - it's about cats smelling OUR breath Boomer has this fascination with it - will even come up and just about lick Missy's mouth to make her open up so he can have his sniff!!! As I recall his favorite is anything fruity?? Sooooo...I thought I would see if my kitties were interested Sure enough, Eliot thinks it is great fun. I opened up to give him a whiff of my chocolate and he tried to climb on in, then kept getting in my face. I will try and get a picture of him tomorrow if he and hubby will cooperate.
    I dunno Missy - do you think the sirrah family are gonna get branded as weird or anything?
    But then, you are not a sirrah anymore. Oh and the haircut look great

At night I usually get up a couple of times for a glass of milk. Yes, I know, I'm addicted to milk.

When I crawl back to bed the first thing Max does is smell my mouth, so I open it up and he practically sticks his whole flat nose in there.

And just to prove it's not the milk, he also smells my stinky morning breath first thing when I wake up.

As for Speckles, well she couldn't care less.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    And just to prove it's not the milk, he also smells my stinky morning breath first thing when I wake up.
    Lol! Yes, Boomer is also a huge fan of sniffing my morning breath sometimes he'll get so excited about it that he'll try to lick my teeth
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Originally posted by Sirrahsim
    sometimes he'll get so excited about it that he'll try to lick my teeth
    Throw away that toothbrush. You don't need it anymore!!!!

Now all you do is train him how to floss them......
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    Throw away that toothbrush. You don't need it anymore!!!!

Now all you do is train him how to floss them......
    LOL New on the market: The Kitty Lick Brush- it lasts MUCH longer than an ordinary toothbrush and never needs to be thrown out. Most of all it doesn't even require toothpaste or water! Get yours today

and of course the fine print:
    bacterial concentrations are not guaranteed. effectiveness is directly proportional to your cats appetite and mood. The Kitty lick brush in in no way affiliated with the American Dental Association and would probably be laughed out of the market anyway. The manufacturers hold no responsibility for the breath of their product and will not be held liable for stray pieces of fur left behind. As always, brush responsibly!

Oh! I read it wrong. D'oh. I dunno if Lock has ever smelled my breath or not. I know when he yawns in my face, it's hard not to smell his, though!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I've noticed that sometimes Storm or Cirrus will smell my breath. Storm usually licks his chops and Cirrus will squint his eyes and make a disgusted look.
    Cirrus doesn't like my breath after I've brushed my teeth because I use a mintly mouthwash and he hates the smell. LOL

I dont thik , so as I am on A Diabetic Diet , and my Cats , are not Vegetarians , as I am becoming. As Linda McCartney said , If It Has A Face , and A Mommy that loves It , I dont Eat It! Blees her Memory , as she helped a Lot Of Animals!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Beau will smell my breath; Felicia has never tried to.
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 04-21-2004 at 01:27 PM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oh yes! Kona tries to stick her whole head in. She does it to me, my husband, and any guest who will comply. My sister's cat Gnocchi also does it. The timing is always when you first come home, as if it is a way to say hello or find out where you've been.
    Oreo and Molly

Well I never.... How about that - we are NOT the only ones with cat breath sniffers Missy! I am so glad you put this post on!!
    Is there anything we have not yet discussed here??

Out of the three, only Jan likes to smell my breath. It doesn't matter what I've been eating or drinking although she does especially like coffee breath.

These are not the droids you were looking for