Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?

Hybrid View

Umm .. I shouldn't have read all this before bed.

I'm scared now! Sleeping with the lights on tonight!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm scared now! Sleeping with the lights on tonight!
    When I was little my dad said not the sleep with the lights on because then monsters and ghosts could see you. So if you turned off the lights you were safe since they couldn't see well in the dark.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Wow, that is a good one to tell the grandkids. My grandson Dakota is afraid of the dark. Next time he is here, I am going to try that on him!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    When I was little my dad said not the sleep with the lights on because then monsters and ghosts could see you. So if you turned off the lights you were safe since they couldn't see well in the dark.
    AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKK!

*runs in circles turning the light off and on*

I have a presentation and a test tomorrow and you people are scaring the living daylights outta me!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Ooooh! That's a good one! I wish I knew that one when Jaden was smaller. lol. I'll save it for the next kid.

Thank you Wolfie!

OMG!!

Ok, when I was little we had a ghost in our house, his supposid (sp?) name was Otto,and he had died in our house. Every night he would stand by my bedroom door and watch me go to sleep. I can still see a picture of him in my mind.... He always wore a suit. When I got up in the morning I would go downstairs and tell my mom "Mommy that guy was watching me again". I never was scared of him though. One day my parents asked me if I knew his name and I said Carl. Now I never do remember talking to him so I don't know where that came from so.... My parents looked in a family book thingy and found that Carl was the one that died in our house.

Another story is when my mom was going to bed when they moved here they heard footsteps on the stairs and nobody was there.....

In my moms bedroom they have a big picture window with a yard light out the front. When she would walk by my room everything would get blurry and cold..

So yes I DO believe in ghosts.

~Maggie~
    DESTINY
    "Destiny is a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    WINSTON CHURCHILL

OMG! I just remebered my other ghost experience (and yes, I do consider the first one to be an angel )

I worked in picture frame gallery. A coworker and I had many odd experiences. He said that he actually saw the ghost, while I only caught glimpses out of the corner of my eye. Anyway, this ghost was a practical joker. I would put a bottle of glue on the table upside down so that the glue would run to the nozzle and come out easier. I would turn around the and glue would be upright. I'd turn it over again and next thing I knew it was back upright!

I can't count how many times my tape measure was on the table one minute and gone the next... and then back again a minute later. My coworker liked him because he worked at night in the factory by himself and the ghost gave him company. He said he talked to him (he never got an answer, just carried on a monologue with the ghost )

We thought we knew who it was... a picture framer who loved the job. We think his spirit settled where he was happiest.

You guys are freaking me out!*shivers*

~Maggie~
    DESTINY
    "Destiny is a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    WINSTON CHURCHILL

I will admit it..

I got freaked out that night when I started this thread! LOL.. I had to keep my eyes shut til' I fell asleep!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House“10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I will admit it..

I got freaked out that night when I started this thread! LOL.. I had to keep my eyes shut til' I fell asleep!!
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I do believe in spirits and ghosts. Here is a story that I don't think I've shared on PT before, because it was too hard for me.

I used to live with my grandma (mom's mom). The night after the Seattle Marniers won the world series (she was a HUUUUGE baseball fan, and the Mariners were one of her favourite teams) she came upstairs to go to bed, but didn't come to say goodnight to me. I thought that was odd, but I was studying for an exam so I just kept working and eventually went to bed.

Around 2:30am I heard her go to the bathroom. That was nothing unusual, because she usually got up several times a night.

I woke up late, and left for school around 10am. Nanny was still in bed, but she had been sleeping in lately and so I didn't think anything of it. I went to school, did a bit more studying and took my test.

On my way home, I stopped to wash my car. I eventually got home around 3:30pm.

As soon as I walked in my yard, I knew something was wrong. The morning newspaper was still in the mailbox, and the curtains were still drawn. It was routine for Nanny to collect the paper, open the drapes and read the paper in the sun. I thought, maybe she fell down and broke her hip .. I went running into the house.

I called out to her, but there was no answer. I walked upstairs, and her bedroom door was still shut. I thought, oh no maybe she fell out of bed and couldn't reach the phone! Or maybe she's throwing up, and went back to sleep!! I opened the door. The room was cold but it always was, she didn't like it hot. I called to her, "Nanny? Wake up.. are you sick?" No answer. "Come on, Nanny, wake up! Maybe I should take you to the doctor.............. Nanny?" I shook her arm. It was freezing cold, and felt like a jello mold. I moved to the other side and saw the back of her hand.. it was grey. She looked like she was sleeping, though.. I came back toward the other side of the bed. "Nanny, please wake up!" and I lifed her blankets, to see if ... I don't even know what..

As I did that, I felt a huge gush of warm air. I remember it so distictively because I remember seeing my hair move in the corner of my eye, and I kind of squinted because I could feel this warm air. At that point I thought, well if she's warm she might still be alive! I rushed to call 911, and had the ambulance come out.

She had passed on, though. The ambulance attendants said she had been dead for at least 12 hours. I said to them, "so would the sheets still have been warm or anything?" He replied, "no that's not possible, she's been gone too long."

I didn't realise it at the time, but later that night, after having a good cry, picking up my mom from the airport, I realised that she had waiting for me to come home from school. She was a very religious woman. She always talked about how dying was going to be a joyous experience because she would see all her family that had passed on, and get to meet Jesus and God. But she stayed back, to make sure that I would not be alone when I got home from school. She was an amazing woman

I do believe in ghosts, spirits, etc. I really like what popcornbird said about jinns. That's very interesting. I can totally see that, too. But, that last story made me cry. In a good way, though. I've just read all the stories in this thread, and, although I've never had an experience myself really, I love hearing about them.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which Iā€™m dying Are the best Iā€™ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I'm not so sure whether I believe in them or not.. but if they are actually true, it'd be really neat to have one of them around our house. A nice one though.. one that comforted me, meant no harm, did no harm, etc..

I'm probably just insane, but I think my old TV was haunted somehow.

Whenever i'd watch it, it'd all of the sudden turn channels. It'd always turn the channel to a channel where someone was preaching. I wasn't touching the remote, nothing was touching the remote, and nothing was touching the buttons on the TV.

Then, when i'd go to sleep. it'd sometimes turnn on by itself. not on a channel, to one of those fuzzy "snow" screens. Volume all the way up, and you couldn't turn it off unless you unplugged the cord.

One day it just freaked me out too much, so I unplugged it and carried (the very heavy) TV out in the living room and told my dad to get rid of it.

Now, there's no TV in my room, and that's probably the reason I don't watch tv as much as I used to.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Sounds like it was haunted...

Originally posted by Kfamr

I'm not so sure whether I believe in them or not.. but if they are actually true, it'd be really neat to have one of them around our house. A nice one though.. one that comforted me, meant no harm, did no harm, etc..

Whenever i'd watch it, it'd all of the sudden turn channels. It'd always turn the channel to a channel where someone was preaching. I wasn't touching the remote, nothing was touching the remote, and nothing was touching the buttons on the TV.

Then, when i'd go to sleep. it'd sometimes turnn on by itself. not on a channel, to one of those fuzzy "snow" screens. Volume all the way up, and you couldn't turn it off unless you unplugged the cord.

One day it just freaked me out too much, so I unplugged it and carried (the very heavy) TV out in the living room and told my dad to get rid of it.

Now, there's no TV in my room, and that's probably the reason I don't watch tv as much as I used to.

Originally posted by Kfamr

Well - this could be explained away by a faulty wire or a short circuit somewhere... I have a fairly new MiniDisc player (they never really caught on) and after a while the thing started turning itself on. I had it cleaned and it stopped. Now it's started again, so I just unplugged it. It was a faulty switch somewhere or dust that was shorting the on/off switch ...

I don't believe in spirits and such, but for some reason, ghost stories and movies completely freak me out.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree