Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?

Wow, that is so interesting. It could've been an angel? There's been things that has happened like that.. you see someone.. then they're gone... oh wow!

Originally posted by catnapper
    Weird event in your home! I totally and completely believe in ghosts.

I actually feel that I met an good one while I was in college. I was having a VERY hard time in my life and I met this very nice, extremely handsome, guy. He and I hit it off right away... as a friendship, no romantic feelings at all. He was so easy to talk to and encouraged me to do things I wouldn't have otherwise had the strength or guts to do. I saw him only a few times oin between classes and then he was gone.

One day, about two semesters later, I had changed my life around, lost 70 pounds, lost the dead-beat friends and life was going great. But one day was really really hard and I left class crying. I was walking down the sidewlak to my car and there this guy was. He smiled and asked how I was doing and encouraged me to get through the problem I was having that day (I never told him what it was - he KNEW) I never saw him again afterwards.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Yes, I do. There's no doubt in my mind that they exist.
    I was told we had a spirit in our house when we first bought it. (I wasn't born yet at the time...) It was the woman who owned it before us; her husband sold it, after his wife passed away. My mom, dad, and aunt all saw her walking slowly down the hallway, and then she vanished. No harm was done to anything/anyone; they just thought it was her way of saying 'goodbye' to her old house. Shortly after that, my dad found an old ruler that was left behind in the move, which belonged to her, and had her name written on it.
    Another spirit was of my mom's old cat, Babs. She was tragically killed by a neighbor's dog. She was my mom's *kitty soul mate*, if that's what you want to call it. At times, it felt like something was on her bed, and then she would hear 'purring noises'. It lasted for a few years, until she brought another cat into the house, Angel, who we still have. We haven't seen/heard from her since. It felt like she was just comforting my mom, before she decided to get another feline companion.
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 04-13-2004 at 06:53 PM.

Yes, I do.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

We have had too many encounters in our family to NOT beleive in spirits and hauntings. I seem to pull pysic vibrations in to myself.

BOO .................
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes.

I've had a couple of weird occurrences and once saw the ghost of an old lady pass my bedroom door one night.

At my last job we'd have a clairvoyant come in and do readings for us in the office. It freaked me out because one day she cleaned the spirit of a man who lived in the building ... she didn't know that a staff member had committed suicide in the building.

She also 'found' another lost soul at the train station and he followed her on the train until she managed to shake him off to the afterworld. Sounds strange, and you probably had to be there, but I believe her.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I definitely believe in ghosts! Dick's (bf) parents lived in his maternal grandparents home after his mom retired. That house was haunted by the maternal grandparents. They weren't mean, but the definitely were mischievous.

One of the first few times Dick took me to see his parents, we were standing out in front of the house saying goodbye to his parents and I looked up at the attic windows - only to see glowing eyes looking back at me. We got in the car and left immediately.

Later on, we had to put a padlock on the door to the sleeping porch upstairs because even if you locked it with the skeleton key and pulled on the door to make sure it was locked; you could come up later and the door would be open. The locked door to the attic which was in one of the bedrooms came open on me one night when I was sleeping in the room - scared the devil out of me.

One of the last times we stayed there before his parents both passed away, we were sleeping in the room that was his grandparents. I opened my eyes to see a pair of baby shoes hanging out there between the bed and the wall. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, they were young adult shoes (circa early 1900's). I rolled over and kept my eyes closed.

As we were getting the house cleaned out to sell, Dick's sister and I had gone up early to start cleaning. We were sitting in the kitchen and up above us in the LOCKED sleeping porch, we hard footsteps walk.

While Dick was there alone later that same week, he had turned the radio off to go downtown to get supplies and when he returned the radio was playing loudly.

Yes, I do.

Ralph and I dance at a local studio that has at least two ghosts. One we believe is the mother of the studio owner. I neer met her before she died, but many who knew her have felt her presence inthe studio.

The second we are unsure who it is. We host a haunted house in the studio basement each year, and there is a ghost that hangs out in our maze. Many of us (myself included) have felt this ghost there. I am "back guide" that follows behind the group, does lighting, and makes sure the group stays together. Many times I have been sure someone was still in a particular turn in the maze, only to turn on the light and no one is there. Several others have felt this presence, without having heard stories that it existed.

Well I guess you have to believe in life after death to believe in spirits and ghosts, so not sure if I do or not, I have only had one strange experience, and I put that down to being emotional and tired, when my adopted uncle died years ago, after coming home from his funeral, I went to sleep, and thought someone was shining a torch on my face, I convinced myself it was Uncle Joe, checking in on me, and I was told by a medium who was at his funeral, that his spirit came and sat next to me in the church, I had been very upset, and remember at one stage feeling this extreme calming effect come over me.

It was a strange experience, and I waited for him to come visit again, he never did, infact I will never know if it were indeed his spirit or I was dreaming or it was my imagination, so who knows,not me anyhow.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hello all. I have never never come close to seeing a ghost. I have witnessed things which were highly suspect of a ghost sighting, but through investigation I always found an explanation for what I saw. Living in Hawaii, spirits and the like are part of the culture. There are local people over here that are so afriad of ghosts and spirits that they will not even walk around certain parts of the island. I put ghosts right up with UFO's. UFO's are exactly that; unidentified, same with Ghost sightings. I have had night jobs, and the only scarey things I saw were people, if there were ghosts around, they were friendly. Sooooo, in answer to the question...............I will keep an open mind and just hope they are nice.....so far they have been.......it's just the living beings that scare the heck out of me!!!

I admit I have had some weird feelings, especially in the building where we used to build furniture. A young man was killed there, when an air compresser exploded. I do believe in spirits. Maybe because when my dad died, I wanted so much for him to come back and talk to me. To just see him one more time.

For awhile after his death, I seem to be able to feel his presence, but about two months after his death, it was like I felt him leave.

LOL, I think he went to stay with Ann in Texas. She seems to have more contact with him than I do now. But yes, to quote lat192004, its the living beings that scare the heck out of me too!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I strongly believe in spirits. This story is almost to personal to share, but I will.

When I was 19 and pregnant with Jaden, I was really scared. Jaden was unplanned. My father had died when I was one year old. It never really bothered me that I didn't have him until I became pregnant.

I went the first two trimesters feeling so alone. I can't go into detail because like I said it is very personal, but I felt horrible.

Well, one night, I was big and pregnant and terrified. I cried myself to sleep. I felt so alone.

I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt like someone was staring at me. I swear to this day, I was awake, not dreaming...

I opened my eyes...and there, in the best way I can explain it, was my father, in a blue light. I suppose you couldn't really make it out to be him, but I just knew it was. He was crouched at the foot of my bed with his elbows on his knees. I sat up and said "Dad?!" He didn't say a word, he just peacefully smiled at me and slowly but surely faded away. From that day on, I knew that even though my dad wasn't there in person, he was there in spirit. I wasn't alone.

Thank you Wolfie!

That is interesting Tonya..

I had something like that... but with my first dog.. Benny.

I was so depressed and upset that I couldn't think straight that day when we had to put him down. That night.. I was on the computer, upset, all teary-eyed, and I looked over to my right, and I saw HIM! He was laying on the rug, I swear to god, he looked up at me.. and he was relaxed. I blinked, and he was gone.. I just asked my mom if she saw him.. and mom said no.. and I knew.. he was there.. to let me know he was OKAY. I felt a lot better after that.. I guess I really wanted to see him ONE MORE TIME.. and I did.. and say goodbye to him.. That night, he was still with me.. when I went to bed, I felt something plop right next to me and something leaning against my leg, and it was him.. I miss that ol 'boy.. it's been 6 years now.
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

So, you know what I'm talking about! It is a feeling that brings so much peace that you just know it is real.

Thank you Wolfie!

Definitely! I know exactly where you're coming from.. all we want is to see them ONE more time.. or just have something to let us know they're in a better place and they are doing just fine..

What's so weird, is that I was ONLY the one who saw Benny. My mom and brothers were in the same room, and they didn't see him when I asked them.. Benny just.. appeared, for me.. that dog is my guardian angel.. he's been by my side since I came home from the hospital after I was born.

Originally posted by Tonya
    So, you know what I'm talking about! It is a feeling that brings so much peace that you just know it is real.