Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!!!!

Last winter I trapped five cats in several loaned-to-me traps. The cats didn't mind being captured, if you will, and they didn't mind the ride to the Vet at all. They were scared to death, for the most part. I kept the cages covered with a dark towel until the Vet was ready to administer the sedative through the mesh cage. Once the animal was quiet, they removed the animal, did the operation, shots, checkup and returned them to me the same day. They were released the following day. By the way, I wasn't able to catch all the cats in one day, in fact this happened in a 48 hour period. The Vet was wonderful to me and came in on a Saturday and Sunday to do the brood, since I had to wait to capture the Mommie cat until late Sunday afternoon. She stayed on my porch for a week, recovering from they spaying and a mild infection. The three male kittens were the first to be caught and taken in, then the Daddy and last the Mommie. The Daddy cat ended up being "put down" as he had many bad, advanced infections and was a very old. The Mommie cat was one of of Daddy cats' off springs from a previous litter. Yikes. In any case, I stopped the cats from creating more cats and that was my aim. They were all given shots and re-released. They are all fine now and I capture them once a year, take them in for the shots and a checkups. They are barn cats now and enjoy a quiet life.

Thanks so much for all the advice.....A few days ago...I was way out in unknown territory on this....and you all have been soooo very helpful.....I have an appointment to visit a cat guardian shelter by my house this Saturday to familiarize myself with kittens & cats and their mannerisms...and maybe do some volunteer work....if not hands on....maybe help with flyers and fund raisers and such for the shelter....They will tell me where I can borrow a trap....and I think there are alot of people who go for the TNR program....and it's looking like it may not be my choice.....I truely do appreciate all your words and advice....I just wish I would have asked you all earlier....I would have been steered down the right avenue sooner...and Miss Kitty could be perching on her kitty tree in my living room right now.....Thanks again!!!!! Will keep you all posted.....on Miss Kitty's progress.....

No problem....I knew what ya meant....Thanks so much for the advice....I am probably going to get a trap within the next few weeks.....will keep you posted....