Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What tricks does your dog(s) know?(And also some tricks you can teach!)

What tricks does your dog(s) know?(And also some tricks you can teach!)

Okay the first question is what tricks does your dog(s) know?

Wiggles doesn't do tricks...lol Wiggles doesn't do anything...

Piddle only does Sit(when he wants ), touch( just learned it whoever said you can't teach an older dog tricks didn't try!) and spin!

Jasper does Sit, give paw, give other paw, high five, high five(other paw), touch, spin, lay down, stay, stand, and just learned "are you shy?"

What tricks does your dog(s) know??

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fun Tricks!!

Okay this part is some tricks you could work on with your dogs if you'd like them to learn any of them, they are very cute!! They are explained in 2 ways, clicker training or without a clicker.

If you try some of these tricks and have questions/problems let me know, and also if you get some of them right, let me know

Also if you know other/better/easier ways to teach any of the tricks, you can post your way

Are you shy?/Hide: This is when your dog covers it's eyes with it's paws.
    Teaching it: To teach "Are you shy?" or "Hide", there are a few ways to do this, the first way is with a spray bottle(not how I did it) but with this way you spray a light mist over your dogs face/eyes and when your dog rubs it's eyes with it's paws click/praise and give treat, after your dog has it, then add the command, start saying "Are you shy?" or "Hide" before spraying the water.
    **OR** instead of using a spray bottle you can just lightly blow on your dogs face/ears(this is how I taught it), same instructions as above, except without a spray bottle.

Shake: Your dog will shake it's head, as in disagreement.
    Teaching it: To teach shake, use the same as above, either a spray bottle, or blowing, and click/praise and reward when your dog shakes it's head, and after it has it, add the command "shake".

Wave: Your dog will wave hello/goodbye.
    Teaching it: Before you teach "Wave" your dog must know "paw". Ask your dog to "sit" and then ask to "give paw". Instead of reaching for your dog's paw, move your hand away and lift higher, your dog should try and put his paw up to your hand, then move your hand away and click/praise when your dog lifts it's paw up. After your dog has it, keep doing it but add the command "Wave" or "Hello/Goodbye".

Bow: Your dog will bow down, it's a pretty easy trick, but is always very impressing!
    Teaching it: Start by getting some treats, have your dog "stand" while you kneel next to him, take the treat and put it to your dogs nose, then put it down between your dogs two front paws, hopefully your dog will look down and try to get the treat, then move the treat back slightly, away from him. If your dog walks forward instead, say "no" or "ah-ah" and try again. There are other ways to teach bow, but I don't like them as much, but let me know if you'd like other ways.

There are a few more I know, I will post them another time. I hope you all try these Have fun!!!!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Rio knows
    Sit
    lie down
    stay
    paw
    other paw
    up (as in jump up on my shoulders)(big dog for that but impresive,lol)
    hold (hold somthing in her mouth)
    yawn
    Agilty learning,lol

How do i teach her to hold a paw over her nose?
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Originally posted by Rio and Me
    How do i teach her to hold a paw over her nose?
    Ky and Rio
    One way I've been doing it is, you stick a piece of tape around the face. Most dogs will paw at it to get it off. Kai, however, decided he was better off leaving it on. So I found another technique where you blow gently to the face. It worked with him.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

lol I have those directions posted up there, thats the one I used to, the blow one, theres a spray bottle way too, like I said, it's up there

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Ok i'll try that,lol
    It would be an impresive treat
    But rio is my angel tricks or not, i'm pleased with what we've got all ready
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Finn is mastering basic commands right now (sit, down, off, stay, wait, walk nicely, come, leave it, get it, bring it, go to bed, etc), and, I'm adding a few fun ones, too....He's learning to spin and to roll over right now. It's fun saying "finn, spin". He does this cute crawl thing where he drags himself across the ground with his back legs straight out behind him. He doesn't sit up or use his paws to beg or anything, so, I'm not sure if I'm going to teach him that. But, the crawl thing would be cool, since it's natural to him already. There's a girl in my class that makes her hand look like a gun and points it at her dog and says "stick 'em up" and he sits up and puts his paws straight up on either side of his face. It's cute. I think I will do the bowing, and, I like the shy face and the head shake, too.
    Last edited by guster girl; 04-10-2004 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

oh how could i forget Rio allso knows
    Roll over
    Find it
    Fetch
    crawl
    leave
    tsk tsk me how could i forget what my smart angel can do
    Ky

Boo Boo knows,
    sit
    down
    up (situp)
    stay
    come

Maggie knows,
    sit
    shake
    come

~Maggie~
    DESTINY
    "Destiny is a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    WINSTON CHURCHILL

Layla know sit, down, shake, give me five, be a bear (stands up and paws air...she did it on her own when she wanted something, I put a command to it, so I could control when she did it.), roll over (she only goes half way), backup, and we are working on come and stay, (she does them 50% of the time.) I want to do stand up, sit pretty, and some of the fun ones, but I haven't had time to work with her. I plan on doing that this summer.

I recently started clicking and treating everytime Jasper yawned lol hoping to put a "are you tired?" command on it

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Katie knows sit, shake, lay, crawl (my fave), give kisses, left & right, and touch shoulder.

Elvis doesnt really know any. But I plan to tech him all the ones out there

Foxy knows:
    sit
    lie down
    stand
    stay
    leave
    bow
    crawl
    shake left
    shake right
    leave
    and if i say any if the agility equipment he will go out and find it

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

Kai knows:
    sit, down, stay, come, heel, stand, shake, other paw, leave it, focus, table (hops onto the picnic table), foot (his right paw on my right foot), other foot (vice versa), high five, up (both paws on my arm while standing up), gimme kiss, spin (he'll spin when I either say spin or move my head slightly to the right), backup, over (jumps over things), go to bed, in, crate, around, through (either from behind through my legs or weaving while I walk), bark, take a bow, bang, roll over, crawl, find ashley, find your toy, blush (paws over face), with me (basically like come except he doesn't have to sit in front of me.. he just has to come within arms reach) and leash (he grabs his leash while it's attached to his collar).

Kaedyn doesn't know as much since we haven't had him as long.. He knows:
    Sit, down, stay, come, heel, stand, shake, other paw, spin, around (from my right side around me to my left), bang, rollover, take a bow, blush, and in.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Ozzy knows..
    Lay down
    Stay and Come
    Sit
    Shake
    Wave
    Bow
    Speak
    Out (get out of a room lol)
    Get in your bed (goes to his bed and lays down)

Darlin knows...
    sit! And only does it when she wants!

I worked with Finn a lot tonight! He's pretty much got spin down, and, he's rolling over pretty well, too. I don't think he's as comfortable with it, though. I also got him to talk (by moving my hand in a quack-quack motion), to be quiet, by putting my finger to my mouth and saying shhh....I was getting him to be bashful by blowing in his face. And, I was working on the crawling thing, too...I love that trick for some reason! I was thinking it would be cool to teach him to be each of the seven dwarfs.... but, I need some ideas....I've got sneezy, bashful, sleepy, grumpy, happy....but, I can't think of anything to do for dopey or doc. What do you all think?

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer