I think the opportunity to adopt a dog had come. There is a man in my neigbourhood that i always greeted because of his dog, a beautiful GSD, and yesterday i asked if the dog had been in a coiffeur, because looked so good, and se said the dog was not his own, it was left by his neigbour who moved and left the dog behind. And he was feeding and takiing care of him out of pity and is willing to give him away! I was schocked bc i knew the former owner from seeing around the block. The former owner didn't leave even the dog's bed!!!

This man doesn't even know the dog's age! I think he is 5y or more, male. I think he is neutered, i'll check today.
I said i am looking for a dog myself, and i would take him; he agreed. The dog is still with him, he complained about the money he has to spend with the dog's food, etc... I am willing to help paying part of the food.I always noticed that he is very "hard" to the dog when giving comandos and a few times i saw he was very bad mannered to the dog without it doing anything wrong. The dog knows basic comandos: sit, stay, come, wait, lay down,etc.

I always was "in love" with the dog, and now i do not think about anything else but to take this chance.

I live in apartment in downtown (the former and actual owners too), and green parks, rivers and even a mountain are very close to go walking from here... and only one block from me a dog (leash free) park.
I work at home, i go out only to fitness center, supermarket, etc, when i am not in home i am in the neigbourhood. A dog would be with me most of my time. I love long walks (60 to 90 min) and jogg.
I also think about the possibility the former owner would want him back, but this man said it will not happen, bc the abbandoner really doesn't want the dog anymore.
Of course if i take any dog, a vet visit and dog school (obedience) is a condition "sine qua non" to take this responsibility.

i like and trust very much your opinions when i read this forum, but now i need it myself.

Thank you very much.
Rosana
"Canis Amicus"