HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GROVER!!!!!

One year ago today, my daughter brought me a box, with a tiny kitten inside. We didn’t know her age. I didn’t ever know if she was a boy or a girl. I could tell she had just opened her eyes, and was still supposed to be nursing her mother.

Some boys that went to school with my daughter had found her in an old car at the mechanic’s shop. They brought her in and started playing football with her. They would kick her and from what I was told, she was actually sailing through the air like a football. They kept kicking her, and finally one of the boys thought she was dead. He threw her into the trash. My daughter and a friend of hers just happened to come over to see her in the trash. They could see she was still breathing, so they took her out and took her to the bathroom and cleaned the oil and grease off of her. They had to clean the blood off her little nose.

They decided to put her in a tissue box, and then into a larger box. Then they had to decide what they were going to do with her. My daughter wanted to bring her home to me. I had been wanting another cat ever since my Pyewackett passed on the previous year. She really had to do some talking and arguing with the teachers, to be able to keep the kitten in class with her.

When she drove up to the house, my husband and I were standing on the porch. We saw her get out with this box in her arms. My husband didn’t like the looks of that, and I kind of figured she had brought me a kitten. I just didn’t know it was that young! When I saw her I thought, “What am I going to do with her, I have no milk for her.’’ I started a search on the Internet, to try to find a good formula I could mix for her. As I read more and more, I decided that I needed to visit the vet and see about some kitten formula.

She did so well. I fell in love with little Grover (named, of course, after the Sesame Street character my grandchildren loved. Since she came out of a trash can, what better name for her than Grover?) The day she came into my life was the best day! You see, she was a Mother's Day present to me from my daughter. It was an early present, but by far the best I could ever have asked for. A gift of love!

She got me through a broken foot. When I had to be off my feet, she was there to keep me company. I have watched her grow, and turn into such a beautiful Tortie. How I love her. She means so much to me, and makes my life bearable.

Here is Grover last year on Easter:

Grover sleeping:

More coming!