Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you talk to your cats about?

We talk about their needs. And I tell them things to build their confidence.

Then we discuss how mine are to treat the fosters and how we can help them.

And I talk to the fosters about how I love them too, how they are safe and how to impress people that come and visit, and may adopt them.

I tell them all how they'll always be loved and cared for.

When my two turn their noses up at Roast chicken or Pork, I tell them very sternly, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE, there are lots of strays out there who would gladly eat this, remember when you were a Stray, how quickly they forget lol, does my lecturing work NOT ON YOUR LIFE .!!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    When my two turn their noses up at Roast chicken or Pork, I tell them very sternly, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE, there are lots of strays out there who would gladly eat this, remember when you were a Stray, how quickly they forget lol, does my lecturing work NOT ON YOUR LIFE .!!!
    Of course not ... who was it in PT who used to have "cats are just teenagers in fur coats" in their sig?

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Normally I just ask the usual kitty questions like "are you hungry?" "do you want a treat?" but Corkscrew always knows them I'm upset and he will come cuddle with me. When that happens I usually tell him that I'm upset then talk to him about what's wrong. I know it's kind of weird but he listens and since he can't talk he doesn't try to give me advice or tell me that I'm wrong, he just lets me vent. Oh and I also tell them that I love them eveytime I leave the house.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm always talking to my pets. Im always talking to maggie about my school life, and my friends. She a great listener, just like my dog too.

And I do the same with the "you know how lucky you are"

Im always saying this to them.

Like for example. "You dont know how lucky you are to have a warm home with people who love you, a place to sleep, and food in your bowl everyday"

they seem to listen.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Time for me to fess up...
    Daddy's little baby loves shortening, shortening
    Daddy's little baby loves shortening bread.
    -geez, do I really sing that?
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Do we get to hear a rendition of that in July???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Do we get to hear a rendition of that in July???
    There's a soft shoe routine that goes along with the song.......That costs 50.00 dollars to see.

"cats are teenagers in fur coats" was a line that my old GF once told me..
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

What do I talk about to my cats? Actually, we read each others eyes, and they seem to understand. I don't carry on a full blown conversation with the cats, it's more like asking them where my car keys are, or just asking them "what's up"? I'm sure they know what I'm doing and thinking without me talking to them, it's that 6th scent of theirs. I treat them as equals, and they go about their own business in their house. It's perfectly sane to talk to a cat, they don't hurt you or cause you grief like humans. It's unconditional love with them. I have a feeling that if you cannot love a cat, you cannot love a human. It's such a close bond, the cat/human realtionship. They are really something!

With Jazz we discuss how beautiful she is. She's quite the princess around here.

Ripley likes to be told what a handsome brave boy he is but we also discuss how he needs to stand up to Scout and leave Jazz alone. I usually bounce questions off him too.

I talk to Scout about lots of things. She is still learning to be part of the family so I try to include her in everything. I think it's helping.

One thing I do a lot is sing to the them, my dog included. I make up songs with their names or nicknames and sing it to them often. Ripley will almost sing along sometimes as does Jazz on rare ocassions.

From Decker with Love