Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you talk to your cats about?

hee hee, FUNNY thread!!!

I have way too many cats to relay all we "chat" about. Its quite similair to what's already been said here.

Lots of mooshy stuff.

Micah is my cultural kitty. So I talk to him in French and tell him all about how life will when he and I move to England and we'll study at Oxford. Then, on to Paris...

When I got back from the hospital, each kitty demanded to know where I had been and why I was gone. I had to explain that a bunch of times...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm guilty too. I have conversations with each one of them and with each one the conversation is different for instance I'm always asking Mystic if she wants a back rub and if she enjoyed the back rub. I always tell her Black is Beautiful!!!!

Smokey is a real love bug who every night has to walk up my entire body and then sit right on my chest so I'm always telling him how much of a baby he is and asking him if he had a rough day

Everyday before I leave for work in the moring I seek out each one of them and tell them I'll be back in the evening for some bonding time with each one and that I love them and that they need to behave themselves while I'm gone and especially when their daddy comes home...they don't like to behave when he is around...they tend to drive him crazy.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I tell them about where I have been , the places that I have eaten at , so they can go there , when they are angels , and all of the cats , thier Pals , that I see on Pet talk , as most ,, if not all of these wonderful cats , have been Partee Guests ,at the Found Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As well as all the sweet things, they tend to take the brunt of my working rants. That's the great thing about pets; they actually listen to what you have to say.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

5. I certainly hope the E's don't read this! I have convinced them they are the most beautiful boy and girl kitties in the world and the most loved kitties in the universe. What if they find out other kitties have been told the same thing????

Other frequent refrains....Where's your girlie, boylie? I'm right here Eddie! and Edwina, don't hit Eddie!

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Conversations with cats...

We talk to the boys a lot, mostly just everyday conversation...whaaaat are you guys doing? Hey, get out of there! Stop harassing the dog.... etc.

We also have little songs for each of them - kind of like little cat-raps or kitty-jingles. Percy gets the "Peapod by Stop&Shop" jingle that we always heard on the radio in Connecticut. Stop & Shop was a local market that had a home delivery service call "Peapod".

I can start a conversation with William by immitating his little squeaky meows that he does when he wants attention. He comes running and sits down beside me and chats away for a couple of minutes. We usually end up talking about the weather !

Pippin talks the most - its his main way of determining who is around, does anyone want to play and how long before the next snack. He wanders the house, meowing and "talkin' smack" until someone decides to take up the challenge and start a hallway race. Or feed him...

I try to tell Normy positive things ("lookin' good Normer, what a good guy you are!") so he gains confidence in himself - I think I have a different tone of voice when I'm doing it and he always responds by coming over for some rubs and pets.

Of course the questions that get the most blank stares are:
    "who urrpped up on the carpet?, Where did this sock come from?, Why are my CD's on the floor when I left them on the shelf this morning?"
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

What a great question, Richard!! We talk about everything with our two!!!

The funniest moments are with Helen and Butter. She loves to make him "talk", so as he's waiting for her to open the door to come into the house, she starts asking him all kinds of questions and he gives her those Meezer answer "Yeowwww". You know what I mean!!!

Just about like every one every thing. the funniest one happened about 4 years ago . (family still gives me a bad time about it. ) I have a habit of talking to my self as well as the animals (once read it was a sign of a writers creativty, freinds say i'm just crazy) I had been looking for the old guy (winky) couldn't find him ater 20 mintues he suddenly appeared like just poff he was there. so i asked him where he came from. (being in aweird mood) I anwsered my self from a momma cat of course. I didn't realise my son was standing there. I had to b pick him up off the floor from laughing so hard. (ever tried picking up a 15year old thats laughing)
    The other funny around here needs back gound.
    Winky was named after the boy saw the old movie the Escape to Witch Mouintain.
    and my son is so different from us he kids around that he is a spy from another planet obsevring us. so every night we as if they have filed their reports. winky usually meows back at that time.
    sorry to ramble to answer the question yes I do

Great thread!

I talk about all the usual mushy stuff too.

Peanut is the most precious little girl kitty ever, and Tubby is the most precious big boy kitty ever - said while smooching them as much as they'll allow. And I'm always asking them where's your brother/sister, doesn't he/she want treats too? Which brings up the most common question - who wants treats? And this one is usually said to Peanut, What am I going to with your daddy? (after he's had a bout of silliness and even she is looking at him like he's off his rocker ).

Then I always say Hi to them when I come home and they great me at the door, and give each of them a smooch before I leave. Oh, and another one for Peanut since she misses her daddy so when he's out of town is "Don't worry, daddy will be home tonight."

Hello big boy, how're you doing today? Awww, is your tummy upset? Oh that nasty tummy. Come here and give me smoochies and that'll make your tummy feel better.

What's out there? Are you checking out your territory? (as he's looking out the back windows)

Hello sweetie pie, smooch, smooch, smooch. Where's your mousie? Do you want a fresh mousie? Ok, hold on, here's a fresh mousie for you.

Oh, and to Tubby when he's at the bottom of the stairs, looking up, yowling like he's about to croak any minute - "What are you doing? Why do you do that Tubby? Just come here, you know where we're at. C'mon, come here."

Where's my snotty girl? Hello snots, where's your daddy? You want to go to work don't you. Ok, c'mon, let's go (as I walk up the stairs).

And I could go on and on and on.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hej Fister, din gamle bisse, er du fræk i dag?

Du er så sød, skal vi lege?

Kan du så holde op med det!!!

I think he understands it as much as most of you do, but it doesn't stop him replying in kind (or staring at me as if I was completely mad, then just walking off).

He has certainly learnt to chatter away at us, and has quite a large vocabulary. I just WISH I could understand what the heck he is trying to tell us sometimes.
    Last edited by jonza; 03-31-2004 at 11:59 AM.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

My conversations with my cats, for the most part, are one sided.

"Oh MooShoo, I'd LOVE to take you to work with me, but they just won't allow pets in the store!"

"Why can't you kids pick up your toys?"

(After dishing out their absolute FAVORITE canned cat food) "Okay guys, are ya ready Freddie???" Their responses in unison are, "MEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!

"Ohin a low whisper so none of the others can hear _________ (Maya, MooShoo, Doogie, Mollie Rose, Fawnie, Carly, LilEli) you ARE my favorite kitty of all.

"PHEW!!!! Someone took a major dump in here and did NOT cover it!!"

(Stumbling to the bathroom in a REAL hurry) "Get outta my way, I gotta pee NOW!!!"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Time for me to fess up...

Hey, Who's your daddy?
    -when i get to the front door.

Come here, you, you, you.....
    -When I pick him up to love him.

Daddy's little baby loves shortening, shortening
    Daddy's little baby loves shortening bread.
    -geez, do I really sing that?

I love you, behave yourself
    -As I walk out the door.

Let's go! I'm leaving, I'm going, good bye!
    -as we leave mom's house.

----------------------------------

I really don't think that the words make that much of a difference..

I think that the sound of a can opener or a cat food package is the universal language!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Who loves you?

Who's the cutest kitty in the whole world?
    Who's my baby?

Over a thousand times a day!!

Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing I do with MooShoo.

Sometimes he likes to lay in my arms on his back like a baby. I will rock him and sing...

"Mr. Mooman, bring me a dream,
    Boom Boom Boom Boom,
    Make him the sweetest that I've ever seen
    Boom Boom Boom Boom,
    Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, Hmm
    Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, Hmm ( I forget the words)
    And tell him that his cold, lonely nights are over!!"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What do I say to my babies?

RANDI, SAY HELLO TO MUMMY
    PIXEL STOP THAT!
    I SAID STOP THAT!
    PIXEL, DO YOU WANT ME TO SPRAY YOU!
    PIXEL, DO YOU WANT ME TO SPRAY YOU AGAIN? ... X 10
    RANDI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
    RANDI, GET OUT OF THE CLOSET!
    RANDI, LEAVE PIXEL ALONE
    PIXEL, YOU'RE SO GORGEOUS WHEN YOU'RE BEING GOOD
    RANDI, GET OUT OF THE SHOWER PLEASE
    RANDI, GET OFF MY PILLOW
    PIXEL, STOP CHEWING THAT
    RANDI, STOP CHEWING THAT - YOU WERE A GOOD BOY UNTIL YOU MET PIXEL
    AWWW, I LOVE YOU GUYS ... RANDI, DON'T BITE MUMMY ....

hmmm ... I sound like the nagging parent of a teenager!!

EDIT .. yes, like Richard, I say "love you, behave yourselves" as I leave ... ever the optimist!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.