Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Scotland

Going to Scotland

It has been my dream to go to Scotland, and this summer or early Fall I am going. I want to Bring Tikeya, because I'll be going to live there for a couple of months. I think that if I don’t go now while I just graduated, then I will never go. I won’t go unless I have my dog with me. So I crate trained Tikeya. Has anyone here travelled with his or her dog before on plane? I have never been out of Canada so this would be a HUGE experience for Tikeya and I.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Wow, you're so lucky!! I wish I could go to Scotland. I want to go so bad!!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

You might need to contact the Scottish government top find out what they require before you can bring a pet into their country. I know that many want a quarrentine perios as well as a battery of shots. The quarrentine can be in your house, depending on the country, etc.

That sounds so exciting! Good luck and have fun!

Wow, neat! I'd love to go to Scotland too!

I have never traveled with a pet on the plane, but I do know that it costs a boat load of money to transport your pet overseas and is EXTREMELY stressful on the animal most of the time.

Where will you be staying in Scotland!?
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Sounds like a great trip! I was born in Scotland, and my family and I go every July/August for a vacation.

I am sure you will love it - it is a beautiful place!!

I would also suggest you check out the quarantine regulations!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    Wow, neat! I'd love to go to Scotland too!

I have never traveled with a pet on the plane, but I do know that it costs a boat load of money to transport your pet overseas and is EXTREMELY stressful on the animal most of the time.

Where will you be staying in Scotland!?
    At my brothers friends place.

I believe someone to talk to about the the crate training and dogs traveling on an airplane would be Souraya. They only recently traveled to Germany with Drakester, and the trip went smoothly. I'm sure she would be very helpful with that information.

As was already suggested, definitely check into the quarantine laws in Scotland!!

Wonderful news though--it sounds like fun--definitely an experience you won't want to pass up!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I am going to assume this is Scotland, England. If not correct me and I'll delete this post :P

If so, you'll have to apply for entry based on the PETS scheme to avoid quarantine.

This involves microchipping your dog, getting a rabies shot.

A month later get blood tested.

Wait 6 months and fill out a mountain of paperwork and you'll be issued a certificate to travel with.

Visit this website for more information.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

If you started the process tomorrow, you should be ready to travel by November 04.

omg thats alot of work isnt it!!!.. i just dont want to leave Tikeya for a couple months at home while i go.. and I wont go inless she can come with me... I will just have to start to fill out paper work ECT when i get a job which is hopefully soon. because i am going.. and so is tikeya

I haven't any experience with travelling with animals.. But it sounds like great trip! Anyway I wish luck to both of you!

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

OMG AWESOME! Where in Scotland are you going? I have like 50 relatives there lol!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Scotland is a country that I would like to visit.

One of my great grand-fathers came from there.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

My dad's family if from Scotland. I'd like to go there someday. You are very lucky!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I think that since she's good in the car, she'll do well in the plane. There are lots of regulations regarding animals and planes because the airline wants to make sure the animals are as ocmfortable as possible. You'll need to have proof of vaccination, and Tikeya will have to be in her nice big crate.

My pup is costing me $100-200 to be shipped from Ontario, and he/she might be 15-20 pounds. Plus the crate will be much smaller, and he will be going a much shorter distance. So you can look at a price twice as much as mine for distance, plus another probably three times as much for the size of the crate, and another 3 times as much because she weighs more.
    I've been BOO'd!

Here is a good site. It has tips on what to do before you travel with your dog.
    I've been BOO'd!