Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from my hospital stay...

Back from my hospital stay...

Well, seems as though late winter/early spring is when my Crohn's puts me in the hospital. I think I was there last Jan/Feb. Wierd...

I've been away since Tuesday evening and I'm SOOO glad to be home with my kitties. I missed them so much and tried so hard to get David to smuggle in Micah or Phoebe (my quieter fuzzies) into my room for me. My vet/friend kindly bought me a small grey and white cat and my mom got me a large bear to snuggle with during my stay. They sure came in handy as it was a rough stay.

I was really sick on Tuesday and went to the ER. I got two doses of some stomach stuff and two doses of Demerol. I had chest and abdoman xrays and was wrongly sent home. It was a horrible night. I "slept" in the bathroom all night while Phoebe and Samson slept on my feet keeping me company. So sweet.

My GI called me Wednesday morning and told me to come in. After looking at me, he called the hospital to have me admitted. I stayed there until last night. My hemoglobin level was under 8, and my doctor wanted to do a blood transfusion because I was so dehydrated and anemic. Instead, he kept me on lots of fluids (w/ dextrose, potassium and magnesium) and lots of IV iron. I'm on iron pills and anti-nausea pills and will begin IV Iron treatments next week.

My doctor did about a million blood tests and other tests and we're just waiting for the results. He doesn't know what caused my attack if it was my crohn's or if it was gastritis.

Glad that's over!!! I had the roomate from hell my second day and my pain came back so they had to move her. It was terrible. My new roomate, on the other hand, was heaven sent. Her hubby is a pastor and he prayed for me and read some chapters from the bible. It did wonders for me stress-wise. I think we've made some good friends.

Anyway, I'd like to ask for some prayers. I have to go back to work next week, but I'm worried that is a part of what made me go into an attack. I don't want another one, but I don't want to quit and hurt us financially. Please pray for guidance for me.

Thanks guys.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I didn't realise you were in hospital, you poor thing I'm glad you're on the mend and starting a different treatment.

We all send positive thoughts to you, and hope you find the cause of the attack. {{{hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Get well soon!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Kelly, I am sorry you were so sick, relieved that you are home. It’s not fair that you have to go through all this suffering. I hope the iron treatments will help.
    Rx: Kitties, please administer nosekissies, licks, and plenty of cuddles.
    Comforting and hopeful thoughts sent your way.
    {{HUGS}}
    Last edited by Steffi N; 03-28-2004 at 02:03 AM.
    Steffi and Lovable

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that your Crohns has been giving you so much trouble. Thank goodness that horrible episode is over - it sounds just terrible! I'm not surprised you ended up making new friends in the hospital - that is just how I imagine you, an amazing spirit even in the most horrendous of times. {{{HUG}}}

I pray that you will be able to continue to work as well as get some answers as to what is causing these episodes. You have been so strong through all of this, I am so impressed. I imagine your strong faith has helped you.

Feel better and take care! You have eight eager nurses who want nothing more than for their Mommy to feel better so hopefully that will be no problem!

{{{MORE HUGS}}}

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I'm soory to he you have had such a rough time and been in hospital! I hope you recover quickly, and feel okay to go back to work next week. Keeping you in my thoughs and prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. I hope you start feeling better soon and that the iron treatments will help you. Please take care and try to avoid stress. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly,

{{{Hugs}}} for you, I am so pleased you are back home and I hope you are well enough to return to work next week.

But if you are not well, stay at home, don't make yourself worst by forcing yourself into work when you are not ready.

Thinking of you at home surrounded by your kitties

I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. Prayers to you -one set for getting better, another set for the stress at work. I'm sure the Dr. Phoebe and Samson are taking extraordinary good care of you at home.

TWO doses of Demerol? Wow... when I've got the migraine from you-know-where, one dose and I'm in painfree la-la land... you must have been in some serious pain.

Re: Back from my hospital stay...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    [COLOR=tealMy new roomate, on the other hand, was heaven sent. Her hubby is a pastor and he prayed for me and read some chapters from the bible. It did wonders for me stress-wise. I think we've made some good friends. [/COLOR]
    Kelly, I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I remember thinking that you hadn't been posting much lately but thought that maybe you were just posting when I wasn't logged on.

Although it is hard to make much sense of life when these things happen I think there is a reason for everything in the scheme of things, although personally I could do without the "bad stuff" to tell you the truth. Maybe your new friendship with your roommate and her hubby is the good to come out of all of this. I know they will keep you in their prayers as we all will and hope that work is not the factor in these attacks. You take care of yourself and try to relax and know that we all care about you. (((hugs)))

I'm sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. I'm glad to hear that you are back home with your furbabies. I'll be praying for you.

Thank you Wolfie!

I'm so sorry to hear that you were in the hospital.

I hope you are feeling better now (it sounds like you are). Take it easy for a while, and just let those kitties be your nurses.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Dear Kelly, I am so upset to learn that you had to have a hospital stay to get you stabilized.

What a terrible ordeal for you to have to endure. I pray that the iron treatments will help.

Were you ever able to inquire about the new medication that my friend is also on? He claimed that it has changed his life.

Pam is so right - strange things can happen and your meeting the pastor and his wife is by no means coincidental.

I'm praying for you dear girl!

Kelly,

I wondered where you were! I'm sorry about your "attack" and hope that it's finally over.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! Try smuggling Micah in your overnight bag! Feel better.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kelly, I'm sorry you had to go to the hospital. I hope you're feeling better and will continue to be!

Sending you positive and healing thoughts! Fister sends purrs!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.