Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Feeling Old NOW!!!

Really Feeling Old NOW!!!

Well, as if the fact that I will be turning 40 in July wasn't enough .... my daughter is expecting a baby! Normally this would be a good thing, but she is only 19 and unmarried! She is not even able to take care of herself yet, much less a child! She only works very part time at Dairy Queen. Please pray that God will work a miracle for my precious daughter and precious new grandbaby ... and that their lives will be blessed.

The baby is due sometime in October. Although I am very worried about my daughter, I can't help but be excited about my 1st grandbaby!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Wow, Kim, so much is going on in your life right now. I will keep you, your daughter and your grandchild in my prayers!

((((HUGS))))

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Congrats Granny Kim!!!! (hehe, now doesn't being called granny make ya feel even older yet?)

I wish I lived closer to you. I'd offer to babysit. I hope the father will be supportive.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Congratulations. I was 19 and my mom was 40 when I had Jaden. Don't panic! I was not prepared to be a parent, and I transformed pretty quickly. I'm sure she'll be a great mommy and everything will work out.

Thank you Wolfie!

Congrats! These things have their way of wroking themselves out. She'll all of the sudden turn from a little girl who can't take care of her self into a strong woman who can take anything life (and the baby) throws at her.

My husband was also young when he had his son.. in college and he dropped out because it was too hard to be husband, dad, student. He had a hard time making ends meet, but don't we all? He's now 40 with a college degree and we still struggle.

I was 13 when my step-son was born I love telling people that I have a son who's a junior in highschool... you should see their expressions!

I forgot to ask: weren't you feeling old over your youngest turning 15? Worrying about a sleepover with a bunch of giggling teens? Life sure is fun!

Congrats grandmom!

Congrats Kim! I wish health and happiness for your daughter and grandbaby.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congrats Nana Kim!!! Just think, now it'll be YOUR turn to spoil your grandbaby rotten and then send it home to her mama! Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh no, that grandbaby will make you feel younger! I have 4 grandchildren, their ages range from 8 to 11. I love them so much. I did find out that I didn't want to spoil them, well yes I did spoil them, oops! I love it when they call me Granny!

You are going to love it! Congratulations Kim, you are in for some interesting times and funny times. I can still hear my oldest grandson when we took a trip to Lafollette (sp?) wanting the back window down on the car, saying '' Granny, my hairs hot'', in a little whiny voice, I still laugh at him for that today, he is 11 and he just glares at me for that.

I have some really great grandchildren stories, and soon so shall you!! Great memories!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Thank you everyone for the kind words .... I AM excited, and I am praying that THIS is what God has planned to help my daughter finally grow and mature! HIS will be done!!!!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim,

Good luck with all this, and congrats on your grandchild! I think your attitude is really great, and things will be fine!

Naomi

Congrats Kim.

I pray everything goes well for your family. I think you will be a WONDERFUL grandmother.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by ramanth
    Congrats Kim! I wish health and happiness for your daughter and grandbaby.
    I couldn't have said it better.

Kim, I'm sure that everything will work out in the end. It's just happening a little sooner than you expected.

Congratulations Kim!! It must have been a shock, but like all the others have said, things tend to work out for the best, and I'm sure this will too. Now we'll get to see pics of kitties with grandbaby!!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Kim, I'm sure everything will work out. (Obviously it will or it wouldn't have happened, right?) Being a mom really makes you see things in a whole different light and makes you mature real quick. Remember, at least it's not you having the baby!!!!! (My husband will be turning 40 in Sept. and we're having a baby the same month.) You can always hand this one back when the diaper needs changed. Enjoy your grandbaby. I'll keep the baby in my prayers.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar