Thread: About Ebby. :)

About Ebby. :)

As has been pointed out although I do post pictures of Ebby I don’t really say much about her, (Hi Jen! ), I guess it is about time I gave a sort of update on how Ebby is getting along living here with Bob and I.

November 2002.
    For those who weren’t PTalkers at the time, or don’t remember , here are a few links (some pictures are missing though, sorry).
    Please help prospective novice cat owner
    First pictures of Ebony
    Better pics of Ebony (Ebby)
    More Ebby

But if you don’t want to bother with them, this is a brief history of before I met her, slightly different because some details weren’t clear then. For example I was told she was three and half years old, that was an estimate by the shelter staff, the vet who saw her in August 2002 estimated a lot lower, around eighteen months! Anyway ……
    She was discovered wandering in May 2002, brought to the shelter, found to be pregnant, fostered out, had three kittens, back to the shelter for re-homing. Re-homed in August then brought back to the shelter in October, because, her then owner was moving in with her boyfriend in a new area and there were a lot of Rotties roaming about!! ( )

December 4th, Ebby (then named Ebony) and the first picture of her in her new home.

Ebby today (well, last week ).

What can I tell you about her now? Well, she is still has what the shelter staff called her snooty kitty ways that put people off adopting her, but to me they are just how she is. I don’t think she will ever be a cuddle/lap cat, but she is affectionate in her own way. I get plenty of purrs when I pet her, which is when she wants pets! I can pick her up and cuddle her too – for a few seconds!

She isn’t all that keen on playing with me, but she does like to play with her toys and sometimes running around chasing and catching imaginary bugs and creatures. I know this because it sounds like a horse galloping up and down up there! For a small cat she is very noisy sometimes! But only in that way, sometimes she will make kitty sounds when she is chasing around but she doesn’t meow, she squeaks, and then not very often. Oh, and sometimes when I give her a smooch she does this little grunt, sort of kitty ‘ugh’!

As far as treats goes she will deign to accept a kitty one occasionally but she doesn’t like them much. However she does like sandwich meats, chicken, beef etc, plus cheese and tuna … in fact she is just like most kitties in that!

.......... more coming
    Last edited by ChrisH; 03-14-2004 at 10:32 AM.

There are lots of places she likes to sleep on/in, and she changes them around very often. The one she comes back to the most is this one …..

My bed!
    I have done an album of her sleeping/resting/hiding places; it is
    here if you would like to see it.

Lastly, her and Bob? They still live their separate lives in this small house, Ebby upstairs, Bob down. Ebby does spend time downstairs, as you may have seen in pictures I’ve posted, but Bob is usually in his crate at those times. (Voluntarily, I might add, he adopted the crate as his den when he was very small.) Ebby sidles past and when I notice she is in the room I lock the crate door to be on the safe side, she is not very happy about going back past him to get upstairs. I still have the box in place to discourage Bob going upstairs, mostly because he would have a field day in Ebby’s room, eating her mousies and de-stuffing the stuffies!!

That is about all I can think of right now. Hope it was a little interesting.

Thanks Chris, It is interesting hearing how you were adopted by Ebby.

And you think you picked her

I love the Ebby Sleeping Album, very cute.

IN many parts of the World , Black cats are Good Luck , and I am glad to see that Ebby , the wonder Cat , is no exception. See , you Guys at the Sushi Partee Saturday. Found Cats PARTEE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thnks for the Ebby update. And yes, it was very informative. It sounds like a nice arrangement for all 3 of you. And it proves that a cat doesn't have to be a lap fungus to be a beloved member of your family.

Chris, I remember when Ebby came home - she is such a beautiful girl. She has certainly come a long way since arriving to your house. She really has a lot of sleeping places too - just like Fister.

Give her some extra scritchies and headbumpies from us.

Fister and Randi

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Ebby is an absolutely beautiful girl. I'm so glad you came along for her. I'll bet she's glad too! What a lot of fabulous little sleeping places she has in her wonderful home.

Thanks Jenny, Gary, Jen, Randi and Karen.

Ebby made me smile tonight.
    I was sitting with my legs stretched out on the couch, which is only small and something I don't normally do, when in strolls Ebby. She sat right in front of the couch for a minute or two thinking what to do, then she stood up and touched my leg with her front paws and moved back looking just like she was thinking 'eeeww I have to touch her if I want to sit on there'. She did this a couple of times then decided and made a big leap over to a space at the side of my legs. She sat a while, groomed herself a little, but there wasn't the room she was used to so she alternated beween glaring at me and turning her back. After about 15 minutes she worked out I wasn't going to move so jumped off and stalked out!

Maybe if you put one of Ebby's lovely sleeping cushions on top of your legs she might come up?

Good thinking Karen! I'll have to try that if there is a next time.

For a stand-offish girl cat, she's really made great progress, fast. Thanks for the update on your sweet Ebby.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Chris, I loved the pictures of Ebby on your---sorry Ebby, I meant "your and mommie's" bed. I am glad she is doing so well.
    Steffi and Lovable

Thanks Amberlee and Steffi.

Today she was quite happy sleeping the day away on our bed, until I went in with the vacuum cleaner, she hates that! But she forgave me later and spent some time downstairs with me on the couch tonight, although she was a little miffed that I was sitting on her side.

All in all I think she is quite happy living here with me, I do know that I am very happy that she is!

Chris