Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darling Scout, we will miss you

Darling Scout, we will miss you

Many of you older members will remember me talking about my "sister", Scout (she was my parent's Lab mix). She passed away this morning, with her head on my dad's arm at the vet's office. She apparently suffered a stroke last night during the night. We knew her health was declining due to many issues, but we weren't ready for her to leave. But in the last few days, she has been unable to stand without assistance, and could hardly use her back legs. The decision was made this morning to let her go peacefully, so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

Scout was about 13 years old, I think. She was a beautiful, loving girl. I know that she has lots of friends waiting to greet her at the RB. I will miss her so much, as will my entire family.

Oh, I'm very sorry! She was a beautiful girl. RIP Scout.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

So sorry to hear about Scout. RIP little one for now you are running and playing happily at the RB.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Logan,
    I am sorry to hear of Scout's passing. May she find Binx, quickly, and be happily guided around the RB.
    RIP, Scout.

Logan, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Scout was precious. Thank you for posting the picture although it did cause the tears to start. ((((Hugs)))) to you all!

Thank you all

I looked back to find this thread that I started a long time ago entitled "Triplets", as Scout, our Murphy and K9 Karen's Cody looked so much alike. Two of those precious "triplets" are now at the Rainbow Bridge. Murphy, thankfully, is still with us.

Triplets

To your parents and to your family please accept my condolences. Such a sad time for you all.

Makes me think of my Peach and brings tears to my eyes.

RIP Scout.

I'm so sorry about Scout. That's the same thing that happened to my Siamese cat and I had to take her to the vet because the parents were out of town. It's a very hard thing to do but it's our last act of love. Scout will have lots of buddies. Pooh-Ling(the cat) Nibbles(bunny) Beauty, Kammisar and Shoney for the dogs.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Godspeed pretty girl. Say hi to Hoodoo for me.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I'm very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Scout.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Oh Logan. My heart broke into a million pieces when I read your email. You know, from the first day you intoduced me to Scout I fell in love with with this beautiful senior girl. I'm so glad your Dad and Chip were with her as she passed. I know my Jing, Karen's Cody, Binx, Smokey, Tizzie, Hoodoo and all of our RB babies are welcoming her with happy woofs and wagging tails. Thank you so much for posting her beautiful picture; and the beautiful photo of the triplets. Love to you friend. Please tell your Mom and Dad and Chip, I'm thinking of them all. What a sad day {{{HUGS}}}Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am sure Scout has been greeted by many wagging tails and happy faces at the Rainbow Bridge. What a sweet face, and a lovely girl. Sweet Scout of all kind hearts, we'll miss you.

Logan, I'm so sorry for you and your familys loss.

Scout was a beautiful girl.

Play free Scout!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    I'm so glad your Dad and Chip were with her as she passed. I know my Jing, Karen's Cody, Binx, Smokey, Tizzie, Hoodoo and all of our RB babies are welcoming her with happy woofs and wagging tails.

Sandra, as always, you are able to reflect what so many of us feel. Logan, we are thinking of you and your brother and parents today. We will light a special candle tonight in honor of the new member at the Rainbow Bridge. Although the poem doesn't mention it, I know there are some special people who are waiting at the Bridge too, just to keep the pets company for a while. I think our Cinder and Smoke's Gram is one of them as is our veterinarian, Dr. B., who went far too soon a year and a half ago. Also a beautiful dog groomer named Kim. Scout will not be lacking for attention or companionship.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Logan,

I'm so very sorry that Scout has passed on over RB. She
    was a beautiful soul & was much loved and treasured. May she
    rest in peace. It is so very hard to lose them even though we
    know it's the best, and final act of kindness we can give.

R.I.P Scout.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt