Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little video clip

little video clip

i hope this works! sorry about the scary loud breathing. I didn't realize that the sounds was turned on and the camera was pretty much right under my nose
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

grr it keeps giving me the "This page can not be displayed" message any idea what i'm doing wrong? are my files too big?
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

one more try
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aww, how cute. He can't seem to make up his mind whether to go back to sleep or to play with the ball.

!!!!!AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE!!!!! Boomer looks so sweet! I love the sleepy play! He made me want to come through the screen and snuggle with him!! Boomer you are such a sweetie!

AWWWW!!!!! Boomer!!! That was so cute!!! I love your new camera Missy! What a great way to start my morning! Dad just left for work and I told him I had to run back here and check PT to see if there was anything new from you Boomer really looks like a sweet little fella. Now, you KNOW we expect pictures EVERY DAY!

Awwww....such a tired Boomie.

You had asked about my camera in the Peanut & Friend thread. I have a Canon Power Shot S400. The videos I take are originally in .avi format and are also huge. But I use Windows Movie Maker to edit them and make them smaller. You can specify the size you want and the program will automatically resize it all so it fits here on PT. I've been keeping them right under 1MB. I don't know if 1MB is the limit, but it's working for me so that's what I've been doing.

The Windows Movie Maker program came on my computer (XP Professional) so if you have a relatively new computer, check it out and maybe you have it too. Otherwise you could check out the Microsoft website and see if you can find it there - it might be free since it came pre-packaged on my computer. Or you could just go buy some aftermarket video software. I, personally, would like a program that would let me save in whatever format I wanted. The Movie Maker program forces you to save it as a .wmv.

Anyway, it looks like you've figure out how to get them at PT with the resources at hand, so now we get to see Boomer videos all the time! Yeah!!!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OMG!

THAT VIDEO IS SOOOO SWEET!!!

Boomer sleepy playing has got to be the cutest... how did you resist pickin him up and cuddling him?!?!?!?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

For some reason I can't see it in the format you have it in! Can you change the file extension to .wmv ???
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    For some reason I can't see it in the format you have it in! Can you change the file extension to .wmv ???
    Kim, have you got Real Player? That should open it because that's what opens it on my computer. If you don't have it, you can download it from http://www.real.com It will try and get you to download the "premium" player, but ignore that and look for the free one. It takes awhile to download - even on DSL - but once it's downloaded and installed you should be able to see this video.

There are so many video players out there - Windows Media Viewer, Quicktime, Real Player....I've got all of them on my machine and let it figure out which one wants to open which videos.

Good luck because it's an adorable video.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

I've had Realplayer before, didn't think I had removed it... hmmmm, will have to check! Thanks, Debbie!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I had to update my Windows media player to make it work - version 7.1. Like Debbie - I also have assorted media players and let the computer decide which one to use. Not sure why this one "picked" Windows Media over my RealPlayer though...

hehehe yes, it was very difficult not to stop filming and snuggle him thanks T&P's Mom, I looked up Window's Movie Maker, but sadly I have win 98 and it can't be installed on my computer I'm looking for other programs though. I found a 30 day trial of an Adobe program that I'm going to try. I'm sorry you can't see it Kim Just in case none of the ideas given here work, I'll change it to .wmv (I figured out how to change it with Windows media player!!)
    Boomer's lazy play is generally the only way that he plays he's my lazy little bum
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, so how do you change the file extension through windows media viewer? I didn't think you could even save the files through windows media viewer.... It's great getting new stuff like your camera, but it's always a challenge to figure out how to use it to it's fullest once you get it.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Oh he is so cute. Now that you made it a wmv file I can see it.

I want to learn how to do this!

From Decker with Love