Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please send some positive thoughts for my girls!

Please send some positive thoughts for my girls!

Last night, I checked my girls' certificates of vaccination and found out Lily has never been vaccinated against FeLV! The reason is that Lily's first family has another vet and obviously they don't vaccine against Feline Leukemia.

Now I feel like a really bad meowmie that I never noticed this before. I spoke to my vet today and she suggested to test her for FeLV; we made an appointment for Friday morning. I'm really nervous now because Lily's mommy is an outdoor cat and in a brochure today at the vet's office I've read that 3 of 4 outdoor cats are exposed to the virus at least once in their lives!

I'm also worried about Luna now because - even though she's regulary vaccinated - I know there's still a risk of 10 or 20% that she might get the virus when she's permanently exposed to it.

So please, when you have some positive thoughts left, please send them to my girls... Hope I'll get good news on Friday!!!

Thanks,
    Kirsten

Has Lilly never been tested? The reason I ask is if she were tested but not vaccinated I would say not to worry. You keep her indoors so how would she have had contact. If she was not tested then the vaccine would have been no good anyway as she might have had the disease right from the start.
    Either way, what I am saying is don't get all upset. (I've been through this too). Just get her tested and then keep her up to date on vaccinations. She'll be fine. Relax.

I'm sure everything will be fine Kirsten. Stay calm until you get the test results. I'm sure you have very little to worry about. How do these adorable little furballs get so under our skin that we worry ourselves silly over them? I guess I answered that question didn't I... adorable little furballs!

How are the girls doing since their escape? Are they still trying to get out the door and find more new adventures?

No, she has never been tested, nor was Luna. Vets here say when you vaccinate at the age of 8 weeks, a test won't be necessary. I figure in that stadium the virus hasn't settled down in the bone marrow yet and can be defeated by the anti bodies coming from the vaccine.

However, a cat at Lily's age has to be tested before she'll get her shot, and I'm really beginning to be mad at her first vet - and her first owners! I should have insisted on a test before I brought her home, but it was even hard enough to convince them she would need her vaccines! And now I've found out she only got shots against panleukopenia and respiratory viral diseases!

But it's also my fault, I should have insisted on the test and complete vaccination; instead, I didn't even notice till last night!

Kirsten

catcrazylady, I hope you're right!

It's true, they are so adorable and I love them so much; they are my little family, my furkids!

Lily is always up to something, she has a lot of silly ideas! And Luna sometimes tries to copy her, so I think Lily has a good influence on my lazy Luna girl.

Kirsten

Best luck and all the best for Lily, Luna and your nerves.
    Brigitte with Tora and Berry

Jen has offered some wonderful advice, so I'm here to give you hugs and prayers that both your beautiful ladies are a-ok.

Hugs and Prayers coming from my gang. It was such a shock to us when I found out yesterday our old vet never tested Butterscotch. I thought he did. I know Skinny was tested because I asked to have it done. Thumper was tested at PetSmarts adoption. Since Butterscotch was our first cat I thought they did that automatically. However, with Skinny I more less ask as a reminder.

Lots of positive thoughts coming for Lily and Luna!!

Sending hugs and positive thoughts! I am sure everything will be fine!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Positive thoughts and hugs coming your way. I hope all is well with dear Lily and Luna.
    Steffi and Lovable

Positive thoughts for your furbabies and you.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Prayers are coming from the Found Cats Hotel , for our Dear Friends , Lily and Luna , and may the Good Lord keep them safe , and well!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks everyone! Right now, the girls are happily enjoying a cat nip session...

(((((Craftlady)))))), to be honest, it's been your Butterscotch's sad story (and Bob's) that made me check my girls' certificates last night. It's still beyond me why Lily hasn't got a FeLV-shot from her first vet...

Kirsten

Don't beat yourself up, Kirsten... we all overlook things from time to time. I'm sure the girls are fine.... but a vet check is a good idea, if not just to ease your mind! Please let us know how it goes on Friday!

(((HUGS)))
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!