Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone in "Super Tuesday" states ...

Everyone in "Super Tuesday" states ...

Okay, anyone 18 and up, don't forget to vote tomorrow. Those of us in states with later primaries don't get the attention, or the chance to make the same impact that you do, but it is still a race right now, so vote!

People fought long and hard to earn you that right - exercise it! Vote!

Thank you for your time and attention.

Just finished filling out my ballot!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yeah!! vote! we're going for 20 million this year! (form the one commercial) i can't wait til i can vote...i get to vote next time

I already submitted my absentee ballot! I never forget to vote.

off to vote now!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

As we say in Chicago..."Vote early and vote often!"

Out of curiosity, do your states require you to declare a party when you register to vote?

I know when the Democratic Primary was held in SC, anyone could vote, regardless of party affiliation, although they really urged only Democratic voters to participate. Can't say I blame them for that!

Good luck today, everyone! I may not be a Democrat, but I urge anyone to vote when they have the opportunity!

Logan

In Massachusetts, strangely enough, we can be "registered" as "unenrolled." That kinda means Independant, but not a member of a random party that chooses to call itself the "Independent Party."

How's that for confusing?

I like it, actually - being "unenrolled" means I get far less junk mail then I did when I was accidently temporarily enrolled in a political party.

This is not just a Democratic primary! Although the focus is on the presidential portion, the primaries also choose the candidates for senator and representatives. So when we go to the polls (in two weeks) we can declare which ballot we want.

I am not registered in either party and choose my ballot based on which primary I feel most strongly about. However, you can't take a Dem ballot for president and a Reb ballot for senator!

Thanks for the answers, ladies. It has been a long time since I "declared" a party. Have been known to vote for the candidate, not the party, a few times in my life (actually more than few). It is nice to know that the primaries are being held "democratically"!

Just recently, I got a call from the Democratic party headquarters regarding their presidential candidates....had to tell that poor girl that I didn't know how she got my name, but she certainly didn't want to be talking with me!!!! She sure got off that phone quickly!!! Shortest telemarketing call I've ever had!!!!

Our primary in SC only had democratic, presidential candidates, thus the confusion!

Originally posted by Logan
    Out of curiosity,
    do your states require you to declare a party
    when you register to vote?
    "WE" Voted onna way to the Shop this mornin!

OK - DAD Voted - "We" hadda wait inna kar.
    Sum sillie rule bout Dawgz not allowed inna School.

OHIO allows voting in a PRIMARY Election based upon what PARTY you
    declare at the polling place on the DAY of the Primary Election...

It USED to be whichever Party you declared - they ASKED if you'd voted that way in the previous election - maybe even had to sign a statement to that effect...

TODAY she just asked "Which ballot do you want?"
    I always "SAY" Democratic -
    learned a LONG time ago that if I said "Republican" -
    there was NObody to "vote" for!

Reason?
    MY part of Ohio is heavily Democratic - and OFTEN there are NO Republican candidates for office (or only ONE) even listed on the Republican PRIMARY Balot... all you get to "vote" on is Issues - Tax Levies and such.
    And come regular ELECTION Time in November - the Democratic Candidate -
    that was actually chosen in the PRIMARY election from among
    sometimes several candidates
    -
    becomes the almost automatic victor because the Republicans are outnumbered by a vast majority...

Poll Worker friend "clued me in" many years ago -
    if ya REALLY wanna "vote" -
    ya gotta "declare" as a Democrat and vote in the Democrat's PRIMARY -
    that's where the probable "winner" is chosen.

Oooooh... said I.

So the world thinks I'm a Democrat...
    BUT - I vote for whichever candidate *I* like in the November Election!

Examples:
    County Sheriff - 3 candidates on the Democratic Primary Ballot;
    and NONE on the Republican =
    If *I* want to help choose the next Sheriff - I gotta pick from the
    Democrats running for Sheriff in the Primary.
    Whoever "wins" the Primary is guaranteed to be the
    "winner" in the November Election.

US Prez was the same thing - Prez Bush was the "only" Republican;
    but 5 Guys to choose from on the Democratic Ballot.

And like Karen said...
    "People fought long and hard to earn you that right -
    exercise it!
    Please ~ VOTE!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I voted, although due to my being scatterbrained and disorganized these days, it was touch and go.

I finally found where our county's Registrar of Voter's office is. First time I was ever there in person, I've always handled work with them through the mail or by phone.

I'm set up to vote absentee, but forgot to mail it during the "guaranteed window" for delivery. I really wanted my vote to count*, so planned to deliver the ballot to my local polling place this morning. Since I'm absentee, I didn't get the info that it moved this election. I swung by the usual place this morning and it wasn't there!

So I spent my lunch hour looking for the Registrar's office to hand deliver my ballot. Amazing how busy it is. (Guess I'm naive as well as disorganized!)

* I think the presidental primary will be a landslide, but believe that one of the candidates for state senate is a scoundrel. Hmmm, a naive, cynical, disorganized voter!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

ohio ballot

i think the way ohio handles the primary voting is a little odd. as phred said, come november, i'll vote for whomever i want to, but for todays' state supreme court canidates, i had to vote for someone other then the one i know i will vote for in november...how strange is that? i did enjoy voting against my local represenative, she is just such an idiot. and many people died to have so i could express my opinion so freely, i'm sooo lucky to have that choice. ps, alex the wonder dog waited in the car too.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Click on CNN
    This seems to be the best website for info on all the primaries.

For totals, at upper left, under Primary Results,
    click on Delegate scorecard AND/OR Graphic scorecard.
    Last edited by Freckles; 03-02-2004 at 07:47 PM.

When I went to vote, I was pleased that others were there, too. Yes, Massachusetts votes today, but nobody counts us among the "Super" states. Sigh. I said to folks in line behind me - "I'm glad to see others here voting," then said more loudly "We're NOT irrelevant, dagnabbit!" It's funny that in Massachusetts, one of the birthplaces of democracy in this nation, I live just a couple towns away from where "the shot heard 'round the world" was fired," everyone just figures our whole state will votemindlessly for whoever the Democratic presidential candidate is. Hey, we were one of the TWO states that didn't vote to re-elect Nixon, that's how predictable it is. And we're not a big state, so no one cares much about who wins our primary, but ... I voted, and was glad other people were there to do the same! (I've gone more than once when there was no line, no waiting, which I find kinda depressing.)