Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My husband crashed his motorcycle...(He's ok.)

My husband crashed his motorcycle...(He's ok.)

I am so mad at him right now. My husband races sportbikes. He had to go down south today to practice for a race that he has at the end of the month. I told him not to go because it was going to be raining. He promised me that if it rained down there, he'd not ride.

Well, he just pulled up and his bike is totalled. He's trying to sugar coat it for me and tell me it won't cost anything to fix. I'm not stupid. I've been by his side since he has started this expensive deadly hobby. We've lost to many friends and saw to many crashes. This hobby costs us way to much money. I'm holed up in here because his friends all here right now unloading their bikes.

I'm trying really really hard not to snap. I'm thankful that he didn't get hurt today, but I'm so mad at him for jeapordizing his life.

He was going approx. 130 mph when he crashed. Luckily, he just slid a long ways. I'll show pics of his crashed bike after I cool down. I can't go out there right now.

Thanks for listening. I just had to vent.

(His bike before the crash...)

Last edited by Tonya; 03-02-2004 at 08:15 AM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Buy him body armor. Glue Jaden's picture on his bike where he'll see it every race to remind him he's got to be careful.

Remind him you wouldn't be so mad if you didn't care about him.

Make sure Jaden sees the smashed bike tomorrow, explain and emphasize for him how lucky he is to still have a daddy - how dangerous the sport can be.

(Okay, now think of the happy animals at the Heifer Project Farm, just to get your blood pressure back down.)

Originally posted by Karen
    Glue Jaden's picture on his bike where he'll see it every race to remind him he's got to be careful.

I could not have said it better........................

(sorry Tonya, but thank God he is alright!)

I'm so gald your husband safe, thats what really matters.

My husband also races superbikes and cars and I'm always telling him the same things, "Be carefull", Please don't ride if it's wet slippery etc" I've even tried the guilt trip "What about me, Do you know what that will do to me if something happens to you?" You know what I mean. There's always the same answers back, "Trust me", "I know what I'm doing", "I always safe" etc etc.

He even cut back on it because of my Itchy at him so much, for a little while. Till one day I gave in, my friends thought I was a fool to give in, but I felt I had to. I relized something during that time he wasn't racing/riding, he wasn't as happy. If he not happy then we are not happy and although he was safe at home and I didn't worry any more, it wasn't enough. I have to let him do what he loves and makes him happy so we can be happy as a couple. I can't take something he cares about away, just as he would never take something that I cared about away from me.

So I trust him, even though you know that male ego still makes him do some dumb things, but he's happy. I still worry and have reason too, sometimes. Like now, in one of the spare rooms is parts of his bike with road rash marks all over them, because he crashed also. I'm just thankfull he's ok as I know you are with your hudsband.

We married men with a need for speed and we have to accept it, thats who they are, thats who we married. Be thankfull he's safe and sound and try not to be to angry at him. I know it's hard not to be angry and hopfull he learned a leasson so next time he'll be more carefull.

The bill not going to be a small one, I'm sure , so maybe that will keep him off it for a little while, till he gets it fixed. It will give him time to think about things. Like don't ride in the rain!!!!

Here's Paul's bike, be glad you don't have our repair bill on this one. It's going to cost us $85oz. just for the paint.
    MEN AND THEIR TOYS!!!!! I say we need a hobby too, that worrys them, how do you feel about cliff diving?? LOL That will show them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yikes; glad everything is okay!

My family has had bad experiences with motorcycles. :/ My dad has this awesome one when I was two, and then someone stole it out of the backyard, went on a joyride and totally trashed it.

My aunt was riding on a motorcycle when they got in an accident, and she lost her toe.
    I've been BOO'd!

Canwe say LARGE LIFE INSRANCE POLICY . I know mine was acop for a while high speed persuits are thrilling! yeah right.

Want me to kick his butt? I figure I owe you a favor. (glad nuthin was hurt but his pride)

I've been Boooo'd!

He crashed at 130 mph?!?! What a nightmare! THANK GOD he's alright!!! I would be upset too, but keep in mind..........your husband is alright, and that's all that matters. Men.............. He he he

Thank goodness he is alright ...........

K9Karen - happy to help you .......... with the butt kickin.

Fox-Gal - MAN!!! I LOVE that paint ....!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

So sorry to hear about your hubby's crash. Very glad that he is OK. Men and their toys! Andrew is just as bad. Andrew rock climbs and does all sorts of crazy adventure adrenaline junky sports. Sadly, I have joined him. I am not crazy about the sport, but do it to be able to spend time with him.

That's a beautiful bike, Foxgal. I'm not showing it to Mike. lol. He used to be into the stunting and street racing. I guess I should be thankful that he just rides track now.

You are right, I have to let him do what he loves. But times like this, I get so upset. Just 4 years ago, he was laying in a hospital. He was unconscious for a few days and in there for two weeks. He lost 50 lbs and all of his organs had to be held together in mesh bags. They couldn't save his spleen, they removed that. He looked at me and swore he'd never ride bikes again. That was Janurary 2000, he was riding again by May 2000.

I watched the video of him crashing last night. He slid a few hundred feet on the pavement on his back, and the whole time, he's trying to kick his bike away because it was sliding with him. Then his body hits the dirt, flies in the air and tumbles down a hill like a ragdoll. He lays there for about 30 seconds, then jumps up. Covered in mud. It was a blessing that it was so muddy, if that was hard dirt, he'd be in bad shape right now.

On the brighter side, he's kissing my butt big time. lol. I got a great back rub, lots of kisses, he played with my hair. hehe. He says he'll bow out of the next few races until he gets his bike back in order.

p.s. I have a FAT life insurance policy on him. lol. I made him before he started racing. I posted pics above of the bike now.

Thank you Wolfie!

Do you think you can even stand any more excitement in your life, Tonya? Good grief!!!!!

PS. I'd be mad too. My husband is itching for a motorcycle, but I keep reminding him that we have 3 kids depending on him and there is no way that he can do it. Not now, and hopefully not ever!

He better be kissing butt. He PROMISED you that he wouldn't ride if it was raining.... I'd say Karma bit him in the butt and he'd better continue kissing yours.

Glad he's okay.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Gosh I'd be a wreck too! I'm so glad my husband isn't into anything like that. Not to say he never places himself in danger. Earlier this winter when his back was really bad (he has spinal stenosis), he decided he needed to climb up on the roof while it was covered in ice and snow and check a vent or something... I pleaded with him to call one of his brothers who would have been more than happy to help out, but NOOOOOO.

Well, he did it. Then when he came in he proceeded to describe to me how close he came to falling off. *sigh*

I'm really glad he's okay, but I wouldn't be too keen on traumatizing Jaden in order to get him to convince his dad not to do something. It likely wouldn't work and would only distress him. Of course nothing wrong with telling him it is dangerous but I guess there is a fine line between getting him to understand and making him frightened that he could lose his dad. I know when I was a kid, my biggest fear was losing my mom. (didn't grow up with my dad around).
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

It's not the falling off that kills you, it's the sudden stopping that hurts the most.
    -------------------------------
    And never challenge a man to choose between his bike and a relationship. The only time a motorcycle ever complains is when you miss a shift
    and hit the throttle.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.