Thread: He said it!!

He said it!!

My sweet adorable macho self-proclaimed "cat tormentor" reffered to himself as "Daddy" while talking to Boomer He had just gotten home from work. I was telling him about my day and about what a good boy Boomer was today. To my surprise he scooped up Boomer and gave him a few kisses on the nosie and then said " Were you a good little boy for Mommy today? You stayed off Daddy's bed? Good Boomer!" I was shocked speechless cause he did this right in front of me, but I forced myself to remain calm so that I didn't spook my hunny I don't even know if he realized that he had referred to himself as "Daddy" but I'm sure not going to ask him about it and risk ruining a good thing!
    Yay! My hunny is warming up to my kitty
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Whoohoo! Score one for CatMoms everywhere!

But really, how could he help but love Boomer? It was just a matter of time before he let it slip. You're very wise not to mention it, though. 'Cause if you did, he'd probably never let down his guard again.

My hubby swears up and down that he doesn't like Rizzo, much less love him. And then he proceeds to scoop him up, hold him like a baby, bring him over to me so that we can both hug and scritch him at the same time, and kisses him on the head before he puts him down!!! And he's taught him to play tag (oh joy, oh joy, I am SO glad that I can't walk from one room to another without having my ankles swatted now. ). AND, I've caught him saying things like "Who's a good kitty?" in what can only be described as baby talk. So . . . there!

Husbands are great, aren't they?

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    awww, there's a big softie in there after all!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I know how you feel. My husband at first he always told me he hated cats. When I got Cubby he was ok with him, then as time went on he started saying Daddy's home. Or something like that. Now he calls himself daddy all the time. It's so funny to watch him. It's always come to daddy, or daddy's home, you can't have daddy's chicken. So on and so forth.

Cincinnati (Help - the cats are Taking OVER!)
    Thats just tooooo sweet!

Evelyn & Kitties: Chelsea, Punkin-Head Jones, Black Magic, SweetPea McGee, Anastasia - and Sascha, the dog

***Lots of pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/evelynblack

Awww Boomer, you are such a charmer that you've melted daddy's heart! And why not? You are one wonderful bunch of love!

Too cute to witness him say that so brazenly! Perhaps he was "trying it out" to see how it felt to say it in front of you!

Thats nice that Boomer has two people , who love him that much.I know that when I was in the Hospital , the Cat Sitters were starting ti make friends , as the Cats must have assumed that I was on the way to the Rainbow Bridge!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am happy to hear that he is comming around. I was pretty sure that he would, with the other stuff that you have told us.

I think that you are taking the right direction and not pushing him. Pretty soon he will be able to admit it to himself.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

YIPPEE!!! It's now officially out in the open!! Another human wrapped around a paw!!

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

lol!! I knew it was only a matter of time!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl